Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sql Help!!!

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Been a while since I put a query together but I'm stuck getting my head around something. I want to run a query that using multiple wheres and returns two random examples of each. So far its just return 100 random examples from anywhere i.e. set in the fetch statement. Even if i could get it to return 1 of each I could work with that. Any help appreciated! :confused:

SELECT PRODUCT, CONTRACT, NUMBER
    FROM (PRODUCT, CONTRACT, NUMBER, RAND() FROM db2) Q
    (PRODUCT, CONTRACT, NUMBER, RAND_NO)
    Where PRODUCT = 'M2'
    or PRODUCT = 'MT'
    or PRODUCT = 'CM'
    etc....
    ORDER BY RAND_NO
    FETCH FIRST 100 ROWS ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

you could do this by merging a number of queries together and limiting each one to 2. Depending on which database you are using there is different key words to limit results (doing a search on google will clear it up)

Where PRODUCT = 'M2'
    ORDER BY RAND_NO
    LIMIT 0,2
    union

Where PRODUCT = 'MT'
    ORDER BY RAND_NO
    LIMIT 0,2
    union

Where PRODUCT = 'CM'
    ORDER BY RAND_NO
    LIMIT 0,2
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Thanks

Seem to be a bit further along but its still looking for a fetch statment and doesnt like any variation of what was previously there! :mad:

Advertisement