Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shock! Horror!

• 12-02-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Source: Bryan Alverez

Apparently, Andrew "Test" Martin has been suspended. Test has been pulled off the road due to the WWE Wellness policy.

This is the first WWE Wellness policy violation since September, at least that we know of. The policy calls for talent to be suspended for 30 days should they fail a drug test. Also, some of the talent have a way of getting around the program. If the person tests positive for steroids or some other substance in violation of the policy, the person can still get around the suspension if the individual's next test shows a decreased usage of whatever substance he or she is using because it shows that he or she is trying to improve him or herself. But if the test shows no marked improvement, the individual will get suspended.

Vince McMahon had recently given up on pushing Test as a top headliner in ECW. That's why he was beaten in all of his encounters with Bobby Lashley.

I think all that back acne kinda gave it away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

^^ i was just about to post this up but what I found most interesting about the article wasnt about test being suspended for substance abuse but rather how someone outside the WWE posted an article explaining how to "get around the system" for WWE drug tests and still WWE havent closed this "loophole".

Im sure that Vince knows very well about this "loophole" in WWE's drug resting policy but lets face it,this "drug testing" policy is only one in name just so that vince cant get his ass sued.In reality it is doing nothing since it was announced just a week after eddie[rip] died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's not a loophole, it's written clearly in the rules. They don't want to be suspending all their wrestlers. It was announced a good bit after Eddie died if I remember right, I don't think it's even been in place a full year yet. I doubt it's there to prevent Vince from being sued either, I don't believe he has any legal responsibility to do any of this. Just look at how many wrestlers have sued Vince over drug addictions in the past....none

There was some news back around September saying that there was a new thing they added to it, where if a wrestler was to be suspended they would still appear on tv and at house shows, but they wouldn't be paid for it. If Test is pulled from tv, maybe it's just because they realise how unentertaining he is

Fozzy wrote:
    It's not a loophole, it's written clearly in the rules. They don't want to be suspending all their wrestlers. It was announced a good bit after Eddie died if I remember right, I don't think it's even been in place a full year yet. I doubt it's there to prevent Vince from being sued either, I don't believe he has any legal responsibility to do any of this. Just look at how many wrestlers have sued Vince over drug addictions in the past....none

There was some news back around September saying that there was a new thing they added to it, where if a wrestler was to be suspended they would still appear on tv and at house shows, but they wouldn't be paid for it. If Test is pulled from tv, maybe it's just because they realise how unentertaining he is

You are right about the test being highly unentertaining thing.
    It was just that when I read how wrestlers could take a drug one month and get tested positive and then in month 2 stop taking them to prove the results in month one were wrong,a bit surprising.I would have though that by taking two samples of blood at the same time and testing both,if the results were positive for banned substance X,they would get suspended or something.

The WWE announced this wellness programme a week after eddie died(while they were toruing europe) but im not sure how long they have been implementing it properly(seems like they havent even started).

Also I think that it was introduced not because vince all of a sudden started to care about his talent but rather so that those outside the wrestling business could not point the finger at vince at him turning a blind eye to substance abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

youve gotten it a bit wrong,
    The way it works is if a wrestler tests positive they are given till the next month and then tested again,if the levels of steroids have not gone down then they are taken off the road...they dont have to go tottally off them,just look as if they are cutting back

youve gotten it a bit wrong,
    The way it works is if a wrestler tests positive they are given till the next month and then tested again,if the levels of steroids have not gone down then they are taken off the road...they dont have to go tottally off them,just look as if they are cutting back
    yea thats what im getting at,why arent they suspended immediately following the first time the test comes back positive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Because WWE would rather not have to suspend their workers. In their view, if a wrestler shows lower traces of a banned substance in the second test, then they're taking steps to get off that substance

I don't find anything wrong with it to be honest. WWE is not encouraging anyone to take drugs or steroids, and at the end of the day it's up to the worker themselves if they decide to

Advertisement