Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be careful on the quays lads

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

A friend of a friend left Knightsbridge on his own a couple of Fridays ago and walked across the rd with the intention of going over O connell bridge to get a taxi. He was set upon by two polish men. They basically kicked the crap out of him for a few minutes and then he got away. They didn't take his phone or money or anything.

The other night whilst telling someone about this story it seems the same thing happened to another friend of a friend in the same spot the Friday before. Again it was two lads speaking Polish, kicked lumps out of the bloke without seeming to have any motive.

So lads, don't be hanging around that area on your own unless you're looking for a challenge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Does your friend speak Polish then?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

yea how do you know they were polish????
    Czech and slovak have very similar languages and dialect, and latvian and a few others from that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I dont know for sure cos I wasnt there. Was just pasisng on the info I heard. One of the lads works with more than one polish guy so I'm assuming he may know. Don't shoot the messenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Best thing to do if this happens, is gather up a few of your friends, go back down there and break some fvcking Polish face. Trust me, there's no better feeling than putting one of these "tough guys" flat on his ass and leaving him to spit his teeth out....

Sorry dude wasn't shooting the messenger just dont like the generalization thing. if your friend said foreigner i'd understand. But as regards your friend working with polish people that doesn't really count. I've been with my polish missis three years and i can't even distinguis between many different Eastern european accents and I spend a lot of time in poland as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I don't know if the lads that got beaten up know for sure if the pair were Polish or not. It's just what I was told. Only posted here to maybe try and stop it happening to some other poor unsuspecting sod. So, Polish or any other nationality, I dont know what they were, but the point is there's 2 scumbags havin their fun and makin other people pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There have been several attcks along the quay at night.

Yea its a pain in the ass alright, it's not on. sure everyone has seen it on a friday or saturday night. All pubs empty out at about 3ish town is jammers with people ad that with the lack of garda and its seriuosly a criminals paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

learn some self defence, just 25 now, when i was 18 i was coming home after a college night out and polish(eastern european!!):D group of guys gave me a through pasting, it didnt help that i was so drunk i couldnt have punched a telephone box!!!
    anyway fast forward 6 years to 3 months ago, just out for a couple of beers in the local for a friends birthday. had a match the next day so only had 3 pints. 3 lads walking towards me maybe 20-22 one threw a swift punch, a swift upper cut sent him sprawling he got up and came at me again, so gave him a 2 finger poke in the eye he fell to the ground crying, one of his friend picked up a bottle/or had one, and my ninjitsu came in handy. Broke his wrist called the police the other lad did a legger, i do see them in the local from time to time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

learn some self defence, just 25 now, when i was 18 i was coming home after a college night out and polish(eastern european!!):D group of guys gave me a through pasting

So you got beaten up by some Polish blokes in 2001, 3 years before the vast majority of Eastern Europeans even came to Ireland? Anyway I thought you said you were extremely drunk, how could you distinguish their dialect so well? I personally think you are talking out of your culo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Did I just wander into Stormfront by mistake??

This thread will just become a magnet for nazi types I fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Who cares? I'm Finnish and when I speak to my mum or brother people ask if I'm Swedish, Polish or some other nationality. Finnish sounds nothing like those languages. Who cares what country it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Jesus christ. Eastern European. If you see two Eastern European looking guys on the Quays then watch yourself.

Or you could have some cop on and not walk the Quays at night by yourself at all. I've yet to be attacked by anyone other than Irish guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

connundrum wrote:
    If you see two Eastern European looking guys on the Quays then watch yourself.
    <pc brigade>
    And what might I ask do Eastern European guys look like?!
    </pc brigade>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

<pc brigade>
    And what might I ask do Eastern European guys look like?!
    </pc brigade>

RTE described the two as....

5foot 10 inches in height. Both were wearing black leather jackets and tight denims. Both were skinny and had fair, tightly cropped hair. There shirts were colourful and just a little bit tight. There teeth were multicoloured. Police say they were from Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

LadyLotts wrote:
    Who cares? I'm Finnish

The same people who don't care that you are Finnish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You mean someone was attacked at night?!?!
    In town?!!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

learn some self defence, just 25 now, when i was 18 i was coming home after a college night out and polish(eastern european!!):D group of guys gave me a through pasting, it didnt help that i was so drunk i couldnt have punched a telephone box!!!
    anyway fast forward 6 years to 3 months ago, just out for a couple of beers in the local for a friends birthday. had a match the next day so only had 3 pints. 3 lads walking towards me maybe 20-22 one threw a swift punch, a swift upper cut sent him sprawling he got up and came at me again, so gave him a 2 finger poke in the eye he fell to the ground crying, one of his friend picked up a bottle/or had one, and my ninjitsu came in handy. Broke his wrist called the police the other lad did a legger, i do see them in the local from time to time!

If he was able to get up after one your upper-cuts you'd wanna keep practising lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I have this sneaking suspicion that you're talking complete bollocks...ninjitsu indeed:rolleyes:

Advertisement