Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Super Computer

Options
  • 12-02-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

:D

07_geek_79679.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Saw that on hardforum.com about 2 years ago, pretty cool I guess. I think that guy could have spent his money on something a bit more useful than a folding farm though, perhaps a direct donation to cancer research or something.

AFAIK they're athlon 2600+s or there abouts. Could probably fit most of that power inside a single 2 x quad core now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hu?

It's about 20 Socket A motherboads, with Athlon XPs in them. Think they all had 512 megs of RAM or so. They all just have a power and network cable going to a switch, where they network boot from a server and run Folding @ Home or some other grid project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

good effort all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Looks good, but pretty harmful to the enviroment I guess. Maybe he'll be causing cancer rather than curing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

With all those Aero 7's the noise must be insane in that room..........

Lolz is he's running climate change simulation on them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Col_Loki wrote:
    With all those Aero 7's the noise must be insane in that room..........

I always found the aero 7's quiet

Advertisement