Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Shower problem

Options
  • 12-02-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a problem with a Triton Delta shower. There was a blockage in the hose one day. The old plastic hose got kinked. When i turned on the shower, the water shot out behind the main hose out of a small secondary clear plastic pipe.
    I turned off the shower and replaced the hose.
    When i turn on the shower now i get flow from both the main hose and the secondary pipe but pressure is really low from being split two ways.
    When i put my finger over the secondary pipe, the pressure is back to normal on the main hose.
    I don't think i should keep this pipe blocked??
    Is there a valve or something i could change to divert all the flow back to the main outlet??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Hey phone these guys if you want to get your shower looked at.

Triton Showers & Accessories. IEarthridge International Dowdstown, Maynooth Tel: 01 218 0102 Fax: 01 269 6068

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

MunkyHed wrote:
    Hi,
    I've a problem with a Triton Delta shower. There was a blockage in the hose one day. The old plastic hose got kinked. When i turned on the shower, the water shot out behind the main hose out of a small secondary clear plastic pipe.
    I turned off the shower and replaced the hose.
    When i turn on the shower now i get flow from both the main hose and the secondary pipe but pressure is really low from being split two ways.
    When i put my finger over the secondary pipe, the pressure is back to normal on the main hose.
    I don't think i should keep this pipe blocked??
    Is there a valve or something i could change to divert all the flow back to the main outlet??

Cheers!
    That secondary pipe is an emergency pressure-relief bypass. Their is a "valve" of sorts that will blow if the shower hose gets blocked for some reason, and once it blows, you cannot reset it, there is a part that needs to be replaced. I dont know how easy it is to replace this, but as the guy above me said, call Triton, they can help you best.

Thanks Rogue Entity, thats more like the answer i was looking for. Do you by any chance know which part needs to be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

No unfortunatly, but if you give Triton a ring, they should be able to tell you.

• Advertisement

Okey dokey. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

I had exactly same problem with a Triton T80 a couple of years back. It's pressure release valve that you can get in any shower shop. If you'r in Dublin I got mine in the Shower Centre at the bottom of tha Malahide road, just before you get to Fairview.

Guy just charged me €1 for the part and it's very easy to fit. Take off front of shower unit and there's just 2 small screws holding the valve on. You don't even have to switch on the mains water as this is only under pressure when the shower is on.

Is it item 14 on this link?
    http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/triton/delta.html

Advertisement