Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one else having problems with NTL Today?

Options
  • 12-02-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi,

NTL went doen on me last night. My girlfriend accidently unplugged the cable modem. When I plug into it now I get an IP address from the modem for a minute or two before a self assigned Ip address is assigned. Needless to say, I have no internet access at all. Any one else having this problem? I am hoping it is a problem with their network and not my specific router.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

NTl seems to be slow today but its still working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Yeah it came back this afternoon. Stoopid NTL. But I do not usually hsve much trouble with them. Thanks for replying. Your sig is pretty cool btw :)

Yeah sure , no problem. My sig is cool??? Thanks are you sure you dont mean my avatar?? That is a standard boards avatar. but thanks anyway:).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yeah sure , no problem. My sig is cool??? Thanks are you sure you dont mean my avatar?? That is a standard boards avatar. but thanks anyway:).
    Well it is a real monster of a machine :D

(duffmans voice) OOOooooo yeah. No one beats christophicus's rig when it comes to out and out performance.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

i had few problems this afternoon.. lost connection for ~20 minutes.. and once it came back my internet speed went really bad.. :( and for some reasons none of torrents would work :confused: :eek:

once i posted this.. all the torrents start working hm.. :confused:

:)

this question not related at all.. but do the boards work really slowly or just me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

My ntl has been ****e this evening, had cutouts of a few seconds a good few times, just enough to punt me off Xfire, MSN, hamachi and ventrilo. Now I can't connect to my newsgroup server (easynews). I havent tried using a non-standard port cos its late and i couldnt be arsed. feck em anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

Slow as hell this afternoon and all over the weekend, better now tho

Yep the sig is cool. I find it funny when people have the specs of their beast machines in their sig, yours is refreshing. My NTL went AGAIN last night and was still gone until 11 this morning. Could it be that NTL are doing something to stop torrents? Any time I use bit commet the connection seems to go.........

I really doubed they trying to stop it... and if they really wanted i thinks it's really easy to stop it... my torrents back to normal agains.. downloading full speed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Was really slow for me late last night. Have not used it yet today though

When it came back this morning it seemed fine. Anytime it goes it messes up my wireless router too. I have to restart it to get back on. Damn Netgear. All the problems that I used to think were the fault of the router now to seem to be NTL's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

My friends has been gone for 3 days. I told him I would have a look around here to see if anyone else was having the same problem.
    His sister lives just down the road from him and her's is working fine.
    I rang customer care and after speaking to three different people, they said there was work being done on the line. I didn't believe that for one second.
    I checked 192.168.100.1 for the modem info and it said the modem not connected.
    I informed customer care of this and they hadn't got a clue what I was talking about. Now, I'm no expert, but I really don't think the folks on the other end of the line had a clue what they were doing.

Anyway, I'm in the Leixlip area. Anyone else around these parts having problems over the past few days?
    Of course, if you're having problems now, you won't be able to read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

NTL is possibly the worst internet service provider in ireland!....
    my internet connection has been crap since October .... eventually an
    Engineer was to call out to the house in Tallaght. I waited in all morning as they said the engineer would call out between 9am and 1pm... at 13:20 I rang NTL and they said an engineer called out and checked the Junction Box in the area and everything was working... I turned on my pc and I had access for 10 minutes then it automatically dropped the connection (again) so I rang them up and cursed them for 10 minutes... then the Rep said she would send another Engineer out the following friday. I said I dont want another engineer I want one sent out today.

They have continued to provide the worst service ever and I had to ring a phone number in Limerick to cancel the Broadband....

My advice is to look around for a better Internet service... NTL must stand for No Technical Lemmings!!!!

damn thats harsh....I hope that my problems are not the start of something like your ordeal.

Moojuice wrote:
    Yep the sig is cool. I find it funny when people have the specs of their beast machines in their sig, yours is refreshing.

Lol cheers man :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Good god, my NTL connection has been absolutely crawling since yesterday, my torrents don't seem to be connecting either. I thought maybe NTL are punishing me by blocking all my ports and throttling the bejaysus out of my connection, for being such a bad boy and downloading 130GBs last month... :(

**** yeah, my connection is really slow, only getting 100 KB down!!!

and to the person asking about boards taking ages to load. ITs been like that for me for a month or two now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Boards ia always slow loading :D

eyah which is REALLY annoying. Switch to a new server people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

NTL has become completely unreliable lately.

My NTL went down on me the last three nights, each time around 9 pm.
    If it goes down tonite again I will get rid of NTL.

I rang cust support last night, went through the motions said some one from the broadband support group would ring me......and they did this morning. Told him the problem (It actually came back this morning and was really fast). He went off to check if there was work being done in my area, came back and said that everything should be back to normal by 6 tonight. So here is hoping. I do not think that I have gone over my cap but I am wondering if they can detect torrents being downloaded and so kill someones connection as punishment?

Is this possible?

Oh well hopefully all will be well when I get home.
    Ps I live around the IFSC area.

I'm not sure can they c what u downloading... but i'm sure they can c what you at.. are u uploading or downloading and what sort of speed... i would say they even know what ports u use...

It is so rediculousely slow at the moment!!!! Im not even getting 50KB down!!

i was downloading torrent at 350kb/s just 5min ago...

Really , it must be waterford then. I was downloading a file and I was only getting 20 KB/s, at one stage it was so bad it was taking ages for web pages to load.

Well browsing net for me is really slow :( especially boards .. :( i did speed test earlier on.. my download was in same level as ISDN... :rolleyes: and upload was 330kbps...

YEah My upload is normally very good aswell. Boards is always really slow for some reason, i think either bad server, to many poeple for the server to handle or too many poeple for the connection, because boards speeds up later on in the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skycaptainemily

what the hell is wrong with you people!? your such complainers!
    i get on average 6kb/s and you dont see me posting a board complaining my ass off!
    just deal with it!

• Advertisement

what the hell is wrong with you people!? your such complainers!
    i get on average 6kb/s and you dont see me posting a board complaining my ass off!
    just deal with it!

well then you pay money for 6mb/s line and u only get 128kbps :eek: on speed test there is nothing else left.... just to complain.

Advertisement