Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website

Options
  • 12-02-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Just had my first look at it so I cant comment on anything but my first impressions. First and most obviously, the looks. In my view, bit heavy on the flash. On a technical level it seems to be almost impossible to select anything on the shows option because the presenters slide in list and if you do there is no listing for The Two Petes talk rubbish! Station info suffers a similar problems.

I really do think it needs to be cleaned up and toned down a bit because at the moment it looks like a bit like one giant advertisement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

What web browser are you using Ger? I'm on IE 7 ( the new one) and the drop down menus seem fine. I use Firefox at home and that seems fine as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

catch--22 wrote:
    What web browser are you using Ger? I'm on IE 7 ( the new one) and the drop down menus seem fine. I use Firefox at home and that seems fine as well!

Safari.

Just tried with Firefox and Opera both of which work fine.

Hmm seems to only be an issues for webkit browsers. Shame, all OS Xs best browsers are based on Webkit.

At least it's been spotted...and hopefully can be fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I like the new look. runs pretty smoothly overall. Not mad on the live guide... kinda preferred the old look as it was easier to flick through.
    get that media section up and running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

What's the deal with registering on the site. I did that and it gives you a profile, but what else can you do? can you browse other users or whats the story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

By registering you will get acess to members only areas and competitions. These are not available immediately but will be rolled out over the coming months.

Don't forget to sign up for the news letter as well.

We'll also be bringing you photo reviews of gigs. You can check them out under the media tab.

Out of curiosity who was the first person to register?

Also get the Two Petes listed under shows!

Out of curiosity who was the first person to register?

Also get the Two Petes listed under shows!

I have no idea. Staff were 'pre-loaded' onto the site and there were a number of people who found the site before it went 'public'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

I should not have to search for the Two petes in the shows section. Can you get it listed under shows. When I click on media and webcam it tells me that it cannot be found .It would be better if it said comming soon. I deo really like the site and know that alot of hard work went into making the site one of the best sites congradulations to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

much better than the last website - good work fellas

now, the buts!

any chance of getting a screen on the main page to tell you what tune is NOW on phantom? see kcrw.org for example of how this works.

why are there no playlists for some of the DJs? I have been listening to jim carroll's show on saturday nights for instance but theres no playlist. Can you get him to sort this out?

I use Safari and Opera browsers and am having problems with the rollover menus

• Advertisement

There seems to be an issue with MAC users at the moment on some of the rollovers alright!

much better than the last website - good work fellas

now, the buts!

any chance of getting a screen on the main page to tell you what tune is NOW on phantom? see kcrw.org for example of how this works.

why are there no playlists for some of the DJs? I have been listening to jim carroll's show on saturday nights for instance but theres no playlist. Can you get him to sort this out?

I use Safari and Opera browsers and am having problems with the rollover menus

We will be introducing this but it will initially be available in the 'player' only.

catch--22 wrote:
    There seems to be an issue with MAC users at the moment on some of the rollovers alright!

Yep, only seems to be a problem for webkit browsers.

I've tested it with Safari, Shiira, Omniweb, Opera, Firefox, and Camino and only Safari Shiira and Omniweb had the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Brilliant site (and URL :)) but there isn't a chatroom?

Whats the dealio?

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the new look Phantom.ie

Unfortunately, we will not be introducing a chat room onto the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Brian why do the Presenter's mention your web address as Phantom.ie when the site is at Phantom.fm can you not just have Phantom.ie redirected to Phantom.fm without displaying the message on the site that you are been redericted. I know you like to keep all your great web addresses. Phantomfm.com Phantom.ie and phantom.fm. Like your show Brian.
    Best wishes from the USA
    Pierce

The website will be re-hosted soon so you won't have the re-directing message thingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

just noticed one thing missing from new website - the schedule!

or else it is well hidden.

am i right or am i right? do i win a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Boy Wonders

I use Safari and have a few problems with the site. I can't find the schedule either? Is it a browser thing?
    Looks wise I thought the old site was a bit cleaner, this one is a bit "Summer Camp In The Woods" but maybe that's what the young people are into these days? I would have gone for something more Urban.

I use Safari and have a few problems with the site. I can't find the schedule either? Is it a browser thing?
    Looks wise I thought the old site was a bit cleaner, this one is a bit "Summer Camp In The Woods" but maybe that's what the young people are into these days? I would have gone for something more Urban.

Its a problem that affects webkit browsers.

Urban? Like rapping links? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Boy Wonders

As opposed to Keith??:)

I guess it just makes me think of Yellowstone Park. Dunno why?

I'll use firefox for Phantom instead (because it's worth it!);)

Hi

We've tweaked the menus on our site and I believe that we may have resolved some of the issues that some browsers for Macs were experiencing.

If you are one of those users please try it out and let us know!

BrianD wrote:
    Hi

We've tweaked the menus on our site and I believe that we may have resolved some of the issues that some browsers for Macs were experiencing.

If you are one of those users please try it out and let us know!

Yes the issue is solved. Thanks for that :D

Advertisement