Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Feb 11] Rathdrum Test Event

Options
  • 07-02-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭

February Open in Rathdrum

Subject to final approval by the Gardai, the February Open is provisionally scheduled to take place on Sunday 11th February 2007. Due to the fact that this will be the first time a competition will be held on the new targets, this will be held as a test event.

In addition, since the date coincides with the international rugby match in Croke Park, the competition will be held in the morning and will be restricted to two details of 40 shots only. Priority will be given to club members and remaining places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The details will commence at 09:00 and 10:30 and will run for 50 minutes each.

As this is a special event, no prizes will be awarded, but commemorative certificates will be presented to all those who attend. The entry fee will be €30 for seniors and €15 for juniors/students. Please email the contact link at the bottom of any page on the Rathdrum website http://homepage.eircom.net/~rrpc if you wish to be considered for a place on one of the details stating your preference in the form A for the 09:00 detail and B for the 10:30 detail. Final detail arrangements will be published on the Rathdrum website.

As this is still a provisional event, and as we may not know for certain until Saturday if this is going ahead, please check back here and on the Rathdrum website for further updates.

In the event that this cannot go ahead, another date will be set for this test event. The February Open proper will be held later in the month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The test event in Rathdrum on Sunday morning has got the go-ahead from Wicklow Gardai.

Detail A) 09:00am
    Detail B) 10:30am

40 shots at 25 yards, details to run for 50 minutes.

First come, first served. Email rrpc@eircom.net to book a detail stating whether A or B. Give your mobile number so that your confirmation can be texted to you. Final allocation of details will be made on Saturday 10th at 15:00. Anyone not booked by that time will be allocated whatever places are still available.

Entry fee €30 for Seniors, €15 for Juniors/Students

Commemmorative certificates will be awarded to all participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Heard good things about the weekend RRPC, how'd it go?

Sparks wrote:
    Heard good things about the weekend RRPC, how'd it go?
    Well, I gave a bit of a synopsis on the 'Rathdrum Authorisation' thread, I can't say everything went swimmingly because it didn't, but the glitches didn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the event, or the sheer joy of hearing rifle fire again on the range after such a long hiatus. There were many mile wide grins as people left the firing point and the audience display went down a treat.

When we have the system word perfect, it will really make the office job redundant, bar the drudgery of printing out score sheets ;) .

From the shooters point of view, it's a very easy system to use, the only difficulty is persuading them that it really is that easy! Anyway, if you want to come down and try it feel free to give me a call and I'll be there.

Any excuse :D

Just posted a couple of photos on the target shooting photos thread Sparks. I only took a few as I was in a hurry to get to Croke Park :mad: but they give you the general idea.

Sorry I couldn't make it - wasn't anywhere near Dublin.

Its great that you guys are back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement