Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetable & Flower seedlings (Wexford area)

Options
  • 12-02-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy either "plug plants" or potted seedlings of vegetable plants and bedding plants. Or maybe an online supplier that would ship to Eire. I live in the south west Wexford area and can also easily get to Waterford. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,587 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its too early for most flower plant plugs - they would be annuals and shouldn't be planted till all danger of frost is past. Even when they start to come into the shops its too early for the first phase. There are some primulas and pansys but they are not plugs. I'm no great fan of buying veg like that, you would be better off to buy seed and sow it yourself, which you could start doing soon - grow indoors in those covered trays, you don't necessarily need heated trays. Some things like carrots need to be sown straight into where they are going to grow.

Advertisement