Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait-times for Smart Telecom broadband?

Options
  • 12-02-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I was just wondering how long it took to get broadband through Smart Telecom?

I understand that I have to get connected with Eircom first, and then call Smart and then go from there. From what I've heard, its the second step that takes the longest, with Eircom being total c#&%'s :D

Can anyone give me some feedback on their experience?

It is, hands down, the best value for money broadband service.
    Thx.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

theKramer wrote:
    Hi there.
    I was just wondering how long it took to get broadband through Smart Telecom?

I understand that I have to get connected with Eircom first, and then call Smart and then go from there. From what I've heard, its the second step that takes the longest, with Eircom being total c#&%'s :D

Can anyone give me some feedback on their experience?

Thx.

If you have not had bb on the line previously (which would be the case for you) it does not necessarily take that long. the big delays happen when you are transferring from an isp to Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

theKramer wrote:

From what I hear, hands down, yes. THE best value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gatsby

Had an awful time trying to get set up with Smart originally The whole process took about 6 months. I'm not gonna go into the details of the fiasco so all i'll say is make sure that smart is currently available in your local exchage before you sign any contracts.

In the 18 months or so since I have been connected to Smart, i haven't found fault with the service.

Its a great product once you run the gauntlet of the initial setup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Took me two months without a phone to get away from Eircom in the first place. Then they disconnected me illegally along with the non-LLU customers of Smart in October.

Took me another two months without a phone to get reconnected.
    I don't regret the move for a second. The wait both times was worth it.

Top notch service from Smart - three times the speed of eircom for less than half the price. A mystery to me why anyone who can move to Smart (and put up with the Eircom-induced delay) stays with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

adsl2+ no cap. no contention. Its bb heaven.
    just go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Another happy smart customer here!

Advertisement