Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for tracking funds,share prices etc..

Options
  • 12-02-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know of any good software that will track funds and share prices and generally manage a portfolio by giving you stats and that.. I dont want to be buying or selling or anything like that with the software.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

go to google home page. above the text input box click more. Go to google -> Finance. Some pretty decent free tools there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thanks jesper,will have a look for the tools.. was on google finance alright but only used it for quotes..

Thanks..

Thanks jesper,will have a look for the tools.. was on google finance alright but only used it for quotes..

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 themarketmonkey

I use my own software, free to download if anyone wants it. Looks just like what you would see at an investment bank.

If anyone wants it you can get it at http://w12.easy-share.com/880669.html

It is platform independent written in Java and requires the latest Java SE Runtime 6 to work. You can find that at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Cool, thanks marketmonkey..
    did you write that yourself??
    I am just getting into java now so it's cool to see how you can use it for yourself.. although I'm sure without even looking at it i'm a long way from where you are.
    How long are you using java?

techguy

• Advertisement

Started a lon long time ago.... but only started writing this to brush back into it.
    This was supposed to be a small project for myself to track market, but sort of grew in my spare time. Overall taken about a year to get to here using spare time.

Am i missing something I opened the .jar file and I got a splash screen that filled its progress bar about five times..

Should boot up to a trading screen within about 40 seconds, if you have a decent broadband connection. If you are dial-up it could take longer as it needs to go uot and retreive a lot of informaiton from various feeds.

Also make sure you have Java SE v 6?

Also, just in case it is the case.

If you are surfing through proxy server (like behind a campus firewall) you will need to run from the command line and pass this to the virtual machine. You can google an example of how to do this on-line, and how to find your proxy settings.

Tech guy

I have uploaded a quicker version for you

it should load in about 5-10 secs

you can get it at:

http://w12.easy-share.com/882256.html

• Advertisement

thanks..

Advertisement