Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Course

• 12-02-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just recently I've decided I don't want to continue in Arts (I'm in first year) and I'm looking at doing Food Science next year. I realise I'll have to pay higher than the subsidised fees next year but recently someone mentioned something about paying lower fees if I drop out after/before a certain date. Anyone have any idea if this is true and when the date might be?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I remember I was going to do that a few years ago, basically you only pay half fees if youve only done college for half a year. Think the date was Jan 31st!

You should check with the programme office or admin, they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If you've registered online for the second semester than you'll have to pay for the full year next year. If not you can still drop out, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

The magic date is January 31st. If you didnt drop out by then you'll be liable for full fees for the year (which is probably about €6000).
    If you really want to do this, my advice to you is to get out asap and get a job.
    You should earn enough to pay the fees.

You're going to need to reapply through the CAO and since you've already passed the deadline I'd recommend you do it pretty quick (you'll most likely have to pay a small late fee).
    Good luck with whatever it is you chose to do.

Advertisement