Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

want to trade an O2 upgrade (silver) for Vodafone upgrade...

• 12-02-2007 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

here's the story. i'm an O2 customer and i want to get a nokia 6151 but only vodafone sell it, O2 aren't getting this phone. i can buy it sim-free on ebay for €200 but i have a silver O2 upgrade to use up, and O2 would sell it for €29 if they supported it, because it is a so-called 'budget' 3g phone, but i like it a lot anyway.

i'm guessing there is at least one vodafone customer out there who wants an O2 handset that isn't available on vodafone. so we would essentially be swapping an upgrade from the other network. for example, i can get a Sony Ericsson K610im + free speakers and chocolates (woohoo) for €29 with my upgrade. and the Vodafone customer could get a 6151 for a few quid with their upgrade.

anyone interested? Check out the O2 upgrade list for prices and handsets.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭timmer3

i know about the FS Mobiles forum, and i've posted a 'wanted' ad there for a 6151, but this is more to discuss the idea of swapping an ugprade. are there any things to look out for? e.g. i gather you get a new SIM when upgrading to a 3G handset, can this just swap into another phone like a normal SIM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

hmmm, temporarily forgot about that. there's a shop in dublin on camden st that does phone unlocking, i can give them a ring i suppose and make sure he can unlock the particular handset.
    thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

If you use a bill upgrade and sign a contract - in both cases then the customer is entitled to the unlock code from their own network.

that's good to know, definitely still considering a trade. although if it doesn't work out there's always ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Best thing to do is the get the best cheap phone you can on O2 upgrade (K800i springs to mind) and sell it here. You should get the bones of 300 for an unlocked new K800i.

Advertisement