Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new vegetarian range in Dunnes

• 12-02-2007 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

following the thoughts of tesco, dunnes stores have released their own range of vegetarian foods, including burgers and mince. i shall happily point out that the mince is also VEGAN!!! *JOY*

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The mince has been there for ages all right, but the burgers are new.
    If only we had the range they enjoy in some other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

The Veggie Kievs are quite tasty too! (Although, there not vegan)

I think Tesco still has the prize for best hot dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yes! i couldn't believe the day i discovered that veggie hot dogs were available. after 6 years without, i could finally have something back. but, it's easy to over do it with the hot dogs, as with any food... enjoy in moderation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

The burgers are ok. I had them sandwiched in toast & ketchup the other, was extra yum because I was so hungry at the time but they are good.
    I must check out those hotdogs mentioned - sound great!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There are vegetarian hotdogs available in tesco and vegan ones in health food shops. There are loads of sausage alternatives.

• Advertisement

not to mention the variety of veggie/vegan bacon ;) none tescos or dunnes, as yet...

Tesco do veggie rashers and sausages (a range of differnent kinds in fact). But I haven't seen them in Ireland yet :(

i shall happily point out that the mince is also VEGAN!!! *JOY*

Are you sure they are? I checked today and it didn't say suitable for vegans. But maybe that's cos they've never even heard of vegans! There didn't seem to be any dairy or egg in them though...

ah sure, people forget to label when things are suitable for vegans sometimes. yet they remember to say things like bread is vegetarian...

very curious about this tesco range which never made it to ireland...

Just no demand I guess...

You should see the range of Quorn products you can get in England!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh wow, thanks OP!
    Quorn and tofu are great but it's nice to have more variety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Was up in Sainsburys in Newry the other day and brought a load of quorn stuff back. Nice. They have these chicken style pieces in a kinda chilli coating my daughter and her non veg boyfriend mad paninis out of them said they were gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 viggi-tea

Creatin vegan Bacon... rocks my world... *drool* Also tried these new tofu sausages yesterday which were pretty good, suprisingly tasty indeed,but I cant remember who made em... I'll get bk to you guys on that one! I really have to get my ass down to dunnes for that vegan mince, although i dont have a clue what i'd use mince in any more... anybody got suggestions outside of spagetti bolognese?

Chilli, taco fries, lasagne, shepherd's pie.

Yeah those Cheatin rashers are quite tasty. A bit too easy to burn though!

Nah, just cook em for 1-2 mins.

I know but they sometimes go from nearly done to burnt in a second!

I will pass on what I have learned when cooking. Lower heat for a longer time is better than high heat and having to get it off at the exact right moment. Oh how I have learned. :P

Advertisement