Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring music from Ipod to computer

Options
  • 12-02-2007 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm almost positive that this has been asked here before so apologies in advance but I couldn't find it anywhere..

My computer recently died on me and took everything with it, including nearly 8G of music that I had compiled over the past few years. It is all on my IPod as well, which thankfully hasn't died...so I was wondering is it possible to put the music back onto my computer (now equipped with new hard disk) from my IPod?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Vainglory wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm almost positive that this has been asked here before so apologies in advance but I couldn't find it anywhere..

My computer recently died on me and took everything with it, including nearly 8G of music that I had compiled over the past few years. It is all on my IPod as well, which thankfully hasn't died...so I was wondering is it possible to put the music back onto my computer (now equipped with new hard disk) from my IPod?

Thanks

As far as I know there is because I asked this question before:D . Just google it, theres plenty of freeware to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swearne

Presuming you use windows.

Firstly in My Documents or My Computer etc (dosen't matter), go to Tools, then Folder Options. Select the view tab, and then select the Show hidden files and folders option, and click OK.

Then connect ipod, open it (ie as an external harddisk).

You should see a good few folders F01, F02 etc. These contain your music.
    Just copy and paste them into your my music folder.

Itunes will sort out the folder names afterwards.

Advertisement