Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation...

Options
  • 12-02-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Right so, i wanna know what keeps all of you going during those times when you wonder...when the hell am I gonna use Differentiation in real life and start getting philosophical about the whole point of the leaving cert ;)

Anyway, for me.... I have my oxygen ticket hanging in front of me, along with a big "JUNE 20TH" (the day i'll be free from the monster that is the leaving cert) and a UL prospectus....

Ah yes much to look forward to.... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i have great ambitions of kicking someone's ass and gettin higher points than her cos she's a self important kiss ass bitch! i have a lot of rage.. but it keeps me goin!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

My motivation is I've nothing better to do now so I'll keep trying til June. Once it's over I'm going to America for a few months so if I do well enough in the leaving and get to Trinity I can do a semester there in my 2nd year or else go to Australia or somewhere. I just want to travel a bit!

yeah i've nothin better to do either but im a master procrastinator and anythin i can do to avoid working i will! for instance i have a maths exam 2moro and yet what am i doin?? posting on this thing! it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

This is my motivation :

I am not repeating sixth year. Ever. Even if I get 150 points and end up doing Bar Management. So I better make the most of the time I have, while I have it.

I guess it's that school is coming to an end, Be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

yeah gotta agree with you there, the fear of repeating is enough motivation in itself. The leaving cert isn't so much fun that'd i'd like to do it twice :D

Anyway repeating is the bottom of the heap for me, absolutly last option only.... if i make $hite of the leaving expect me to be sweeping a street near you sometime

Oh and the rugby world cup..... starts in sept when everyone goes back to school i'll be going to france :D

Providing i don't repeat :eek: *shudders at the thought*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

fonpokno wrote:
    yeah i've nothin better to do either but im a master procrastinator and anythin i can do to avoid working i will! for instance i have a maths exam 2moro and yet what am i doin?? posting on this thing! it works!

I know how you feel. As soon as I get home I switch off and sit in front of the tv. I've a Geography test first thing tomorrow morning and I've yet to open a book. I'm fine sitting in study during the day but for some reason can't do anything later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

My motivation is looking outside and seeing barren countryside that you wouldn't throw a refugee into. That and the fear of repeating. And a couple of grudges on teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Fonpoko I am in exactly the same situation. Girl in my class is absoluteley insufferable. Its all "Oh Im going to do this in Trinity coz thats like the cooolest place on the planet, haw haw haw...." but the fact is she aint any where near as bright as she lets on so Im working hard in order to wipe that stupid smug smile off her face in august when I have kicked her ass in the points stakes. Unfortunately I wont be able to see it personally as Il be au pairing in France but ya know how word gets back and all that. Mwah ha ha (imagine sinister grin ^_^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

My motivation.....hmmmmm. Well I am repeating but I loving it! Social lifes great so can't complain there. Obviously my main motivation is taking the next step and going to college! I just don't understand people whos' main motivation(aside from college) is beating someone they really dislike. Its absolutely pathetic that someone can be so insecure in themselves that they need to feel happy by beating someone else in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hmm not sure I agree there, its more about showing someone that if your going to spend most of your time boasting about yourself and bitching about other people(which this particular girl does -ALOT) then you need to back it up. I personally dont give a monkeys about what people think of my results Im just going to teach her a lesson in the process, he he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah same. She wants psychology, 500, and I need 510. So I technically do have to beat her. We're about even in the old..smartness. She wrecks just about everyone's head in my year, but no-one is forced to listen to her stupid comments and fake-laughing and sucking-up as much as I am. We have 9 ckasses, and she's in 7 of mine. It's awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I don't really endevour to beat anyone, I like strolling through the system and getting my Bs when those on the same level of intellegence as me are getting As and competing for high grades in class tests that don't matter. I hope, however, that I'll kick my ass into gear after Easter, study hard, yet keep up my carefree image. The ideal comment I'd like to hear on results day would be - "What?? YOU got 600??"

Of course, that's all hypothetical, it's pretty hard to motivate yourself THAT hard when you only need 355.

Just thought of another thing.......... The Results Night. Whatever i get even if i fail miserably that night will be absolutely madness. I think it perhaps would be a good idea to have the ambulance there in advance!

On beating other people.... well there are students in my school who are like what you have described, annoying, 5 hrs study a night, 8 on weekends, boasting about it among other things...
    I say good luck to them and their 600 points, i hope they enjoy it, at least i've been able to have fun this year. The $hit will hit the fan in college with them anyway.

Yep, results night will be awesome. Already planning a bender for June 13th- yes, I finish that early! Then another for June 22nd..when everyone has finished.

well ya see tripper my course has an audition/interview and an entrance exam and the points arent huge so i just wanna kick her ass cos she's one of those people who says oh no im not studyin at all and then goes home and falls asleep on her books like and that wrecks my head! i mean its not like studying is a bad thing! why lie about it for god's sake??? now i've been friends with her for years but this year she keeps tellin us all about how stressed she is cos she needs such amazingly high points to do whatever the hell it is she wants to do and jesus its so tempting to strangle her... so instead of ending up in prison im goin to satisfy my rage by gettin higher points than her cos i know it will kill her inside! :D happy times!!! and who cares - its makin me study so you can think it pathetic all you want!!! :D

Yep, results night will be awesome. Already planning a bender for June 13th- yes, I finish that early! Then another for June 22nd..when everyone has finished.

how are you finished on the 13th?? thats unfair... im not finished til the 21st!

fonpokno wrote:
    how are you finished on the 13th?? thats unfair... im not finished til the 21st!

Oooo. Music. Burn. I do French, History, Geography and Biology. I believe History is on the 13th \o/ I like the way they're all crammed together though, for me. Intense, but short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have absolutely no motivation at all. I WILL fail.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Basically it's just a pride thing, I only need around 390, but still want to do the best I can to be proud of what I get.

If you get your first choice i guess you've pretty much succeeded, beating other people is just the bonus ;)

And forgive me if i turn out to be wrong, but i have a feeling the Leaving will turn out like a minor junior cert in that its all feckin forgotten about after a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No i dont hink so not with the waiting for college offers and what not.

Advertisement