Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting on the shares ladder

Options
  • 12-02-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi, im looking for advice on how to start getting myself some shares. I did business in college so i know a little bit about the stock market, but one thing i was never told about was how to actually go about getting shares. I was told to contact Davy Stockbrokers by a friend of mine but they have a policy of not investing less than €2000 and that may be a little outside my comfort zone and they also seem to be for big business investors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

it is not really worth your while investing in individual shares with that amount of money as you have no real opportunity to diversify risk by owning a wide range of shares. you might invest in a mutual fund however which would give you exposure to the stock market and reduced risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi,
    I've just began investing in some ofthe funds available from Rabobank
    You can invest as little as €100 and there are quiete a few funds to choose from, all varying in risk.
    It's really easy to do aswell all from the comfort of your own home.

If its only a small amount of money you have this way is probably better off because it is easy spread to your money across different sectors.
    Best of luck,
    techguy

Advertisement