Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV...do you or don't you

Options
  • 12-02-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

have one in your camper ?

We of course don't ... because we are real campers and we enjoy the feeling of "getting away from it all", being close to nature, the fantastic views and of course, each other's company :)

And then there are the ...errr ..."other reasons" :D like
    not having a suitable TV or sattelite system in the first place
    not wanting to go on a campsite (i.e near 230V) just in order to watch TV
    not wanting to invest in a power inverter, extra batteries to run that and solar panels or a generator to charge them.

But mainly its because we want to enjoy nature ...yes ..that's it :D:D:D

What about you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

NO!

We do however have an inverter and run a portable DVD player on it, but it is only on when we are driving on long trips, for the kids. I find it is invaluable in just keeping them awake so they go to bed at a reasonable hour on arrival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

We do have a small 3-way tv that lives in the front of my hi-top. 3-way in that it'll run off 240v, 12v via a cigarette lighter socket, or batteries. It was a gift from the inlaws for the camper.

However, it rarely gets used.

Much of the time we're camping with our fellow vw club members, and their company is entertainment enough :D

The rest of the time we're camping to get away from it all.

In fact, to my memory the only times we've ever used it was on a couple of occasions when we've pulled into a campsite close to Rosslare, late at night, staying over in order to catch an early ferry the next morning. Then its nice once we've pitched and eaten to just unwind and watch something mindless before we hit the sack in preparation for an early start and a long drive on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

NO! It's the one thing I'm against (but each to their own of course).;) Our kids are 9 & 10 so they're stuck in front of the tv often enough! In actual fact, they never even ask about using the tv rooms at the campsites - they much prefer to go off exploring, playing in the playground and making new friends. I do allow them to bring a portable dvd in case the Irish weather turns nasty, but a lot of the time they opt to read.:)

Advertisement