Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Style of jeans for shorter guys

• 12-02-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

So I think there's skinny ("drainpipe") kinda jeans, straight ones, and bootcut ones. I'm a guy, 5'7 or 5'8 and slim, is there a style of jeans which suits this kinda body type better than any others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Dont get Skinny jeans, they are horrible and not nice to wear.

I usually wear bootcut or flare jeans. I also like the worker jeans topman have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

What's the difference between boot cut and flares? I don't really like the look of flares on myself personally.

I read somewhere that 'low rise' jeans are better for shorter guys, but I only ever see the rise of jeans mentioned on websites and never on the label of jeans, am I missing something??

Also, are 'low rise' and 'low waist' jeans the exact same thing?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pretty much all diesel or replay are 'low rise' meaning they sit on your hips. bootcut jeans are just cut a little wider at the bottom so they sit on shoes/boots better. flares go all the way from bootcut to really wide bottoms which will drag along the ground, don't go there. slim fit/normal fit boot cut are prob best for you. it can be hard to get them in shorter legs lengths but make sure you do. having them dragging along the ground will make you look short also.

Go in and try a few pairs on, in general if the jeans are 'floating' on you, i.e don't really touch your legs at all they are not a good fit for you and will make you look shorter.

I don't like 'skinny jeans' either but they are in fashion for guys, if you like them wear them as they will suit you.

avoid baggy, loose fit, low riding jeans as they will make you look short and like a 10 year old.

Advertisement