Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: L&H Colours Debate Video

Options
  • 12-02-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm wondering does anyone know who were the two people recording the colours debate that was held a Wednesday night two weeks ago?

I ask because I'm looking to see if I can get a copy of the DVD for my brother. You see, he happened to be briefly in Ireland on the day, back from Budapest were he went to study Medicine. And of course he promptly decided to go to the debate.. after we found out the Father Ted drama was sold out again that night in record time.. He asked me to try get a copy of the DVD just to prove to people in Hungary (Mostly Swedes, Isralies, Czechs, Hungarians) how hilarious Irish history and people are. He says they just don't believe him, but that the debate had it all right..

"Then she went to DCU and the first thing she was struck by was a knacker!"

So if anyone knows, or it is in fact you reading this topic can you get back to me and let me know if I can have/Purchase a copy for private purposes.

Thanks,
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

recorded by CTN, I presume they intend making a programme that will appear on their website (if it doesnt appear before april dont expect to ever see it)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭James_sb

Cheers, I have tried Pamela from CTN but haven't been able to get her yet. It's not listed on their site as an up coming show.... Not sure it was them. Wasn't L&H, I've got Hullaballo to check that...

Here's hoping!

I know they guys, both of whom are in CTN, though they could have just done it off their own bat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

What's their web address, google doesn't seem to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

ucd.ie/campustv

• Advertisement

I know the guys, both of whom are in CTN, though they could have just done it off their own bat

If your talking to them, could you let them know about this thread? I'd appreciate it if you could. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

i dont know who is editing the show. usually it takes awhile. editors also have to go to college aswell.
    alot of people have been requesting it. maybe those annoying anti-CTN people will finally shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

No they won't. CTN is a joke. Not one person I know on campus even knows how to get it on their telly (can they even do that?)

<snip>

TheVan wrote:
    No they won't. CTN is a joke. Not one person I know on campus even knows how to get it on their telly (can they even do that?)

again i say, i cannot YET comment when/if you watch it on your tv YET. wait and see.

• Advertisement

<snip>

i have to be defensive. i consider CTN to be the most productive society in UCD. people on this forum are attacking on ungrounded points.

no offense to Pam, but in CTN we have a general rule. dont talk to Pam before 5pm. she a very busy person. at times she can seem angrier than she would usually, thats because she does alot of work for CTN. its very hard to launh a new student/ameture tv station. at times she has seemed rude to me but i accept it cause in the eveneing she is very pleasent when she is relaxed.

I met her at the CTN launch night.

You're not winning any battles for CTn with your way of defending CTN.

I'll be the first to admit Don that many of the posters here are cynics, and begrudgers, but there are many valid points criticising CTN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Dontico wrote:
    again i say, i cannot YET comment when/if you watch it on your tv YET. wait and see.

Sorry that makes absolutely no sense? Unless you're implying that CTN will be on digital soon or something?

I'd feel robbed if part of my digital bill was on CTN.

Ok, this topic was not to become a vent for CTN comments. I've been in contact with Pamela regarding the DVD and she has been helpful.

Thanks to the help from here. Be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

<snip>

I think it's bad form to insult someone by name on a public forum, especially when that person reads the forum.

Pamela's a nice person. I'm sure you've had your bad days with dutch soc podge.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It really breaks my balls to have to go through a thread and snip out comments that people make off the bat like that. Pamela has contacted me about KR's comment and asked me to delete it, and I obliged because that sort of attack on someone's character is unwarranted.

Kap, everyone gets one, but the next time, you'll have to take a breather.

I know that sometimes people can get lost in their own opinions and forget that this forum is public and read by substantially more people than you would think, given the return rate of posters, but that's no excuse.

Have a bit of common decency in future folks.

masterlock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement