Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating system for new house

Options
  • 12-02-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am interested in opinions for heating options for a new build.
    Am currently building a 2200sq ft house and am considering geo thermal, does anyone have experience of installing this and any feedback on type they choose and how the system is working for them?

What made you choose geo thermal over wood pellet?
    Who did you chosose to install and would you recommend them?
    If you choose geo thermal - did you go with ufh upstairs?
    What type of floor coverings were you limited to?
    Anyone have rads upstairs with geo thermal and how do you feel they are working?

Anyone have any experience of a company called energy master from kerry?

I would ideally like ufh downstairs and rads upstairs - anyone recently installed a system like that?

Thanks
    Anne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Hi Anne,
    My brother used Energy Master a few years ago. Found them good. His system has worked great ever since. No problems at all. One of the main advantages of this now has to be the grant from SEI. Check out the Greener Homes Scheme in their site.
    http://www.sei.ie/index.asp?locID=756&docID=-1
    As far as I know, underfloor is best suited to geothermal. As the temperature in the pipes doesn't have to go as hot as normal rads.
    Geothermal will also work great if you are in the country and have a decent sized site to act as the heat collector. In his house, there's approx 700 meters of pipes buried. If your site is small, you could install a vertical heat collector but you must dig deep.
    He has solid wood floors throughout the house with tiles in the bathroom, kitchen and en-suites.
    Where are you based ? I know of another supplier/installer in the Kerry area that's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ewan

Anne K,
    If your referring to Energy Master in Listowel....ive enquired and got very poor feed-back...from people in the know....seemingly they talk a very good game, buts thats all...especially for geothermal.....and trouble-shooting
    Ashgrove engneering in Kanturk and Pure Energy Tech in fedamore, Limerick were recommended...and from meeting with them, i would have confidence in them.....will be going with geothermal, ufh on gf and ff with one of them.
    Ashgrove engineering are installing the heating system in JP's house in Limerick...so if it's good enough for JP. it's good enough for me...!
    However, they are very expensive for solar panels...which they readily admit too...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Try Mike Tehan at www.hsb.ie. He has worked ok for us.

Also this document on the SEI website contains the list of registered installers. Please of contacts there the speak to.

http://www.sei.ie/getFile.asp?FC_ID=2207&docID=760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rathlynin

PUre Energy in Limerick I heard are v good as they use a Glen Dimplex Heat Pump...was on TG4 lately. Thats where I came across them...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

I also know people that used Mike Tehan at HSB and he was very good. He is based in Tralee as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had dealing with PET but am a little confused Rathlynin, http://www.pet.ie/ are Pure Energy but you also mention Energy Master, I thought they were different?
    Have you installed the Pure Energy HP?

Advertisement