Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feltrim Hall / Gorse Hill / Holywell

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 JoJo123

Hi there, I am looking at buying a property in Holywell but need to know how long the walk is to the bus stop on the Dublin road to catch the Swords Express. Can anyone help me? I dont want to get on the normal bus which takes hours to get into town, and this is definatley a deciding factor. I've heard people drive upto Airside and park there all day? Nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

the 142 runs through the estate if that helps not sure about the swords express

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

JoJo123 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am looking at buying a property in Holywell but need to know how long the walk is to the bus stop on the Dublin road to catch the Swords Express. Can anyone help me? I dont want to get on the normal bus which takes hours to get into town, and this is definatley a deciding factor. I've heard people drive upto Airside and park there all day? Nuts!

The Swords Express doesn't go through Holywell but I think it should because
    when I've been on the bus its never stopped after Swords so it would be even faster if it went through Holywell instead of going via the airport road.
    Anyway you would have to get on at the main street but there is a chance they might stop outside Airside on the Swords Bypass (opposite Texaco Garage).When I've been on it,it didn't stop but then again nobody waved the bus to stop. If you send them an email,they'd tell you if they stop on the swords bypass or not.It would still take you at least 10 minutes to walk from Holywell though.

http://www.swordsexpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

15 minute walk up to the Texaco garage - I've been doing it for months.

But as dade (dade...where've you been!) says, the 142 bus goes through Holywell, 3 buses in the morning and 3 in the evening, it flies into town through the port tunnel also. It would be good if they came a lot more often though.

If you get the Swords Express early (7:10/7:30am), you are in town in 20 minutes, otherwise it takes 35-40 minutes. The 142s take between 30 & 40 minutes.

Thanks - I am looking at a number of properties up there and think it has the potential to be a decent area once the shops are built and if the bus issue sorts itself out. Surely with that number of houses, they have to improve the commuter links? I start at 8am in the morning so hopefully should catch the bus before the mad rush starts.

This boards thing is dead handy - thanks!

• Advertisement

Yeah I reckon they will increase the 142 service at some stage.

No hassles getting to city center by 8. If I need to get in early, I get the 7:10 express, gets me in for 7:35, or the 7:30 which gets me in for 8 or 8:10.
    Otherwise I just get one of the 142s, and am in between 8:20 and 8:50.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks - I am looking at a number of properties up there and think it has the potential to be a decent area once the shops are built and if the bus issue sorts itself out. Surely with that number of houses, they have to improve the commuter links? I start at 8am in the morning so hopefully should catch the bus before the mad rush starts.

This boards thing is dead handy - thanks!

Boroimhe would be better than Holywell as it's closer to to the bus stop and
    has some shops,Holywell doesn't have anything.Also the houses in Boroimhe are well built but in Holywell they are like cardboard. Holywell were built by
    Albany Homes who have a reputation for building bad quality houses.They also built the Castleview estate near Applewood and I've been in them also
    and they have paper thin walls.

PWEI wrote: »
    In Holywell they are like cardboard.

As an actual resident of the estate: I disagree.
    JoJo I'm sure you can make your own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

:confused:hi guys,can any of ye give me directions from the m50 to holywell,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

If you come off the M50 at the airport roundabout and on to the M1. Don't take the turn for the airport keep going on the M1. You will come to the next slip road which is signposted for Swords. Take this slip road and keep left. (Right just brings you back down on to the M1 heading into town) Keep straight and then you come to a big roundabout. Turn right off the roundabout and then another roundabout. Keep right again and it will bring you into Holywell................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Have a look here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11247318@N04/2361529629/sizes/o/

Little purple marker is Holywell. You can see the roundabout off the M1 and then the other roundabouts you need. This is the easiest way to Holywell.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

thank you lady.
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dee1982

Hi all, I am considering buying a 2bed terraced house in Holywell. Does anyone know how much these sold for 2 years ago. I believe the development is 2 years old. Am I correct? Also, are these good quality houses? I've read that the walls are very thin and that they arent great quality!...I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Dee1982 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am considering buying a 2bed terraced house in Holywell. Does anyone know how much these sold for 2 years ago. I believe the development is 2 years old. Am I correct? Also, are these good quality houses? I've read that the walls are very thin and that they arent great quality!...I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Bare in mind that these houses were WAY overpriced two years so don't try and benchmark against that. I would imagine they have dropped significantly now. I seem to remember they were looking for 450K for a 3 bed terraced house which was even at the peak VERY expensive.

Also, depends what phase you are looking at, the most recent is prob 18-24 mths old, but some parts of it could be 3yrs+ old.

drag0n79 wrote: »

..dade...where've you been!..

I'm around, When I left the RC I had to change User Names because people still thought my opinions where those of the RC and we all know what sort of trouble that could have caused :D

Hi guys, I ended up buying a house in Ridgewood. I decided that Holywell was just too busy for me. Plus I have friends in Boroimhe and Ridgewood so it made sense. The whole area just had a nicer feel to it...and way less houses! I need a bit of grass here and there!

They really need to sort the whole Swords commuter thing out really, roll on the Luas...2020?!

Thanks for all the help..am now a Boards.ie addict!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TownBound

the 142 bus goes through Holywell, 3 buses in the morning and 3 in the evening, it flies into town through the port tunnel also. It would be good if they came a lot more often though.

Can you let me know where the bus stops for the 142 in the morning are? Are they the ones beside the pedestrian lights leading to the M1 Drynam Interchange? Does the 41X go through here also?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TownBound

dade wrote: »
    the 142 runs through the estate if that helps not sure about the swords express

Can you let me know where the bus stops for the 142 in the morning are? Are they the ones beside the pedestrian lights leading to the M1 Drynam Interchange? Does the 41X go through here also? Thanks

TownBound wrote: »
    Can you let me know where the bus stops for the 142 in the morning are? Are they the ones beside the pedestrian lights leading to the M1 Drynam Interchange? Does the 41X go through here also? Thanks

Yes, that's the right stop. The 41X goes through in the morning but not in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

They really need to sort the whole Swords commuter thing out really, roll on the Luas...2020?!

It'll be Metro and those wonderful people in Fianna Fail tell us it will be 2013!!

I expect it to be cut in the Easter Budget....

• Advertisement

didn't the mention a long time ago it would be started in 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

hi guys,

We've just moved to Holywell Park (renting). We love the area so far, but are trying to get our heads around the bus routes. My wife works in the city centre (Parnell Street) and we were told before we moved in that there were a few buses she could get. She needs to be in the city centre for about a quarter to 9, and she'd be looking to the bus home at around 6. From reading Dublin Bus' website there doesn't seem to be much of a service coming home :( She's thinking of buying a car and parking in Airside and getting the 33. Bear in mind that she's pregnant too so I don't want her walking long distances home in the dark. We're a bit worried at the seeming lack of routes available. Any suggestions on what bus she should get in the morning and in the evening too?

Any help you could give us would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Off the top of my head I don't know exactly where Holywell park is. I don't think it's on google maps yet.

But you've got 2 basic options. You can walk to the little roundabout at the Mountgorry Entrance to the holywell estates and get the 142 in the morning or the 43 at any time and get off in abbey street area and walk to work. Or walk through airside and get the 41/41b/41c/33 from the Swords Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Does anyone actually know when the shops will be finished? And what shop is going in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peteb

D'uh! Autumn 2008 like it says on the sign!!!.......oh wait.....shortly allegedly spar are about to start their fit out!

there should be a crèche and a dentist/doctor surgery which would be dead handy if the Chechen gives priority to kids from holywell.

denhamd2 wrote: »
    She's thinking of buying a car and parking in Airside and getting the 33.

rumour has it they are clamping folks parking in Airside to get the bus. not sure how true that is now but i heard it from two people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

rumour has it they are clamping folks parking in Airside to get the bus. not sure how true that is now but i heard it from two people

just to say - I heard the same rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Off the top of my head I don't know exactly where Holywell park is. I don't think it's on google maps yet.

But you've got 2 basic options. You can walk to the little roundabout at the Mountgorry Entrance to the holywell estates and get the 142 in the morning or the 43 at any time and get off in abbey street area and walk to work. Or walk through airside and get the 41/41b/41c/33 from the Swords Road.

This is actually wrong. There is bus stop on the road heading towards the M1. is it the 142 that stops here? i see about 20 ppl waiting here at 8.30 during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

tbh wrote: »
    just to say - I heard the same rumour.
    +1. I wouldnt risk it tbh. (not directed at tbh, i meant....meh forget it :P)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement