Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oh god. 3 woes, can you use a data card as a sim.??!

• 12-02-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

folks,

got in a terrible mess with 3. ordered a v3xx and data card at the same time 3 weeks ago, wanted to try the data cards sim with the moto with my laptop. so basically the trial period is up for the v3xx, they wont take it back. i really want a nokia n73, not used to motorolas. anyway, i got the data card working with the v3xx, but am wondering can you use the data card as your own 'number' for calls and texts,? i mean rather than using two sims......??:confused:

now i need to unlock this v3xx and sell it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

legs11 wrote:
    folks,

got in a terrible mess with 3. ordered a v3xx and data card at the same time 3 weeks ago, wanted to try the data cards sim with the moto with my laptop. so basically the trial period is up for the v3xx, they wont take it back. i really want a nokia n73, not used to motorolas. anyway, i got the data card working with the v3xx, but am wondering can you use the data card as your own 'number' for calls and texts,? i mean rather than using two sims......??:confused:

now i need to unlock this v3xx and sell it.

Yes, you can but you on't have any bundled minutea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

hi there cula!
    so, if i used my data sim as a normal sim, would my bill be like crazy?just a bit confused, and would be handy to do away with the extra sim card (and bills...of course)

i am on the 200texts/voice minutes deal at the min.

i signed up for the 39.99 deal with the data card, going to return this in a week and wait for a usb kit to come out, also as im in the sticks theres no real benefit to getting the 39.99 package, downloading 3 gig would take quiet a while as it is, but its faster than dial up.......

legs11 wrote:
    hi there cula!
    so, if i used my data sim as a normal sim, would my bill be like crazy?just a bit confused, and would be handy to do away with the extra sim card (and bills...of course)

i am on the 200texts/voice minutes deal at the min.

i signed up for the 39.99 deal with the data card, going to return this in a week and wait for a usb kit to come out, also as im in the sticks theres no real benefit to getting the 39.99 package, downloading 3 gig would take quiet a while as it is, but its faster than dial up.......

I don't know yet, but will have my real first bill any day now and so will report back on charges: the only listed charge above the 40€ a month is 9c for SMS sent.

They told me a USB solution will be released in April.

right, do let me know.
    but i would have to pay off the rest of my contract? crazy. i didnt even sign a thing, they brain washed me around renewal time and i ordered the v3xx and the data card.
    would like to cancel the 45e voice/texts deal and see what using a data sim would be like bill wise

Well, I now have my first bill and it's for nothing! For all data usage (most of it in the north) all SMS, all calls, all Planet 3 usage and all accidental strays onto foreign networks (albeit short-lived) the total is 46euro, 7 euro more than the tariff. I don't have all the details to hand yet, just the total, but will let you know ASAP.

Compare this to the 700euro I received as a bill from Voodoo!!

Am delighted.

• Advertisement

right cula,

thats crap, how can i cancel my 45e tariff for texts/voice minutes?!! then i can just keep the data card, my 45e bill usually ends up around the 60e marker add the data card bill to that......duh...!

Advertisement