Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nestor Martin IT33 or other insert stove?

• 12-02-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    Has anyone any opinions on the above stove? or any experience of installing a multi-fuel insert stove into a standard fireplace opening? Would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

We have the S33, very happy with it, very easy to light/reignite if nearly gone out. We have the Woodbox technology with remote, but don't bother with it much, batteries run down really fast.

We have it set in an alcove, so heat isn't really projected out into room (which is what we wanted - more aesthics than functional in our situation), I'd imagine if sitting on a hearth you'ld have no problem with heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

We got one of these solid fuel stoves last Oct in New Ross €970-

http://www.firesonline.com/acatalog/Town_and_Country_Runswick.html

It stopped the chimney noise ( was not a big issue )
    No more coal or fire lighters needed
    No drafts under the door
    Empty ashes twice a week , it burns so little !
    No stocking up trhe fire at 10:30 , as the heat in the room can't escape up the chimney.
    Room is warm next morning , because the heat didn't make it's way up the chimney.

Disadvantages , door gets a bit sooty , but fire still looks good , however you dont see the fire after 9:00 as it's died down ( could open the fire door to cool the room and light again ) .

Installation was easy but we had to remove the old back of fireplace as it was cracked and the new one did not fit in snugly .
    PJQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4 corollap

i am thinking of installing an insert stove into my fireplace. just wondering can any one give me feedback on the nestor Martin IT33 insert stove. or can they recommend a good one. do they actually give out good heat or are they more a feature in the room

Advertisement