Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Points for HL Maths?

Options
  • 13-02-2007 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Is it true that UL offers extra points for students doing HL maths?

And if so to what extent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Indeed we do, and not just for the courses which require honours maths, but for all. Here's the breakdown.

A1 = 40
    A2 = 35
    B1 = 30
    B2 = 25
    B3 = 20
    C1 = 15
    C2 = 10
    C3 = 5

I only managed to get an extra 10 points IIRC but it's a nice reward for doing a tough LC exam. Well, tougher than most.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

yeah I did my leaving in 08 and applied for college this year, but when my offer arrived from the CAO it had me down as having 525 even though i got 500 originally. pretty sweet and completely fair too.

i know some people feel like it's not fair to give extra points just because u did higher maths, but anyone who actually sat the exam will know that it is by far the hardest subject, especially considering the length of the exam and the amount of time they give you to do it. Well done UL, now if you would only refuse charging your students for tuition fees id really be singin your praises :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

C3 and 5 points FTMFW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liffordkeeper

Well, personally I'm delighted that UL give extra points for HL maths, those extra 35 points got me my course. :) Can't ask for better than that.

Advertisement