Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction kit on '01 Astra = Dash warning light

Options
  • 13-02-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭

I've put an induction kit on my 1.4 Astra and I've noticed this evening that the engine waring light is on. I looked it up and it's related to emissions.

Is there more that needs to be done? Do I have to get the car 'plugged' in at a garage to get it sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

This light coming on is a common fault with the Astra. Could be that it's a CAS sensor fault, probably caused by damp in the connector (when it drys out the light will go off). A permanent fix is to update the ECU software should it reoccur. Are you having any engine problems ?

What type kit you put on & did you hook all the sensors back up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Have you plugged in the Air Flow Meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Yeah i'd say its the mass air flow meter...if ya take it to a dealer it'll probly come up as a lamda sensor fault!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Have heard of similar problems occurring with other cars. Apparently a reset of the ecu should sort it. Unhook the battery and leave it for a couple minutes. Either that, or just pull the fuse for the ECU and replace after a couple mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

or you could just put your standrard air box back in as you will more than likely be looseing power with the induction kit sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

standard airbox gives more power than induction kits on non-performance cars im afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement