Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow BB with Digiweb DSL shannon?

Options
  • 13-02-2007 8:28am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the last three days my connection rate has been 576/256 (kbps) on a 2 mb line. Line attenuation is 52/31 dB. Emailed support and left a voicemail, no answer as of yet. I checked mytraffic.digiweb.ie and i'm not restricted.

Anyone having any problems in Shannon, or is this just a digiweb? I've tried rebooting etc but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get eircom to check your line. If anything is faulty, it will probably be an eircom fault.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got a call back after logging a fault with digiweb. The engineer (i think) said that the exchange in Shannon had been downgraded and that 512 was the best I could get.

I'd told him that if this was the case then digiweb would need to contact eircom about the fault causing the downgrade but he was having none of it. Said they wouldn't as there would be no point.

Used digiweb line checker and said ok for up to way better packages but after three days I'd had enough. Rang UTV and went back to them. Line checks fine with them.

Coincidentally, when I got home (after receiving my cancellation email) I see that my line is back up to 2 mb.

Digiweb support muppets. Been looking for an excuse to change back to UTV (fiver cheaper per month and unlimited).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

and are you getting the 2MB speeds on BT now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's the same equipment at exchange & same line no matter who you use. eircom may have fixed what ever was the problem. All the providers are selling the exact same eircom service unless you have GLUMP or LLU
    MarkR wrote:
    Coincidentally, when I got home (after receiving my cancellation email) I see that my line is back up to 2 mb.
    Indeed. :)

I agree completely, I had always thought it was a temporary issue with the exchange, but as digiweb refused to investigate it it was my impetus to leave.

They advised that the exchange had been downgraded by eircom. Eircom advised not the case. Digiweb said i'd only ever get 512, UTV and Eircom said i'd have 2 mb no bother.

It was more inept technical support and customer service that prompts the move.

It was 2 mb on digiweb till they disconnected last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

you do realise that other companies are powerless on it, they cant really investigate on it. Eircom are the only ones that can do it

I do realise that it is down to the exchange, but I believed it was a tempoary fault that should be reported by digiweb as my provider to eircom as the owner of the hardware to see why a line that had broadband for over two years was suddenly unsuitable.

Eircom site says fine for BB, as does UTV. Digiweb says no. Leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the information that digiweb have.

Advertisement