Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom refitter needed Please help

Options
  • 13-02-2007 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi There,

I am refitting a small bathroom and have bought the bath, shower etc but am waiting to order the tiles (travertine) until I secure a professional for the job.

The problem is I am getting quotes of 4K plus for plumbing (strip and fit incl booster pump in hotpress) , electrics associated and tiling (inc stripping, bath panel etc), raise the floor with ply to match hallway, the latest guy reckons it will take 6 days work.

I don't have time to keep getting these guys to come to my house and quote me. I had expected the bathroom inclusive of all my purchases to come in at about 4K and when I discuss this with friends they all agree.

Can anyone recommend a really good professional southside/wicklow who can carry out this, I feel that it is really extortionate to be charging these prices and can't afford it at all. I now have a bath, toilet etc sitting in a bedroom waiting until I can find a decent quote.

What would you expect to pay for this kind of work? I am sooooo frustrated!!

Caterpillargirl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

currently getting all this done.

Tiler - E900 approx
    Pulmber E900 approx

Tiles - E1005
    Grout and Adhesive + Ply Board - E100
    Bathroom Suite excluding Bath - E1110 (Shower Door = E500)
    Electric Shower E300.

Approx Total iE4.5k

Pm me and I'll give you the number of the lads i'm using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Hi,

i work for my father, we run a small tiling business, just the father and 2 sons.

if you`d like a quote, or any information, dont hesitate in calling.

Brendan Bonnie

ph/fax : 01 4524860

mob : 087 6761768

or email brendanbonnieflooring@hotmail.com

of course im going to sing our praises, but i guarantee you`ll be happy with our high standard of work

even if you dont go with us, the bit of advice we always give people is try to employ someone that has a land line phone number, this may sound corny, but it generally means they have a premises, and arent fly by nights

i hope this helps

Advertisement