Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow build

Options
  • 13-02-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Haigh 2 tú!
    Anyway, I recently built a new computer. Specs are:
    • Core 2 Duo E6300
    • 2GB Corsair DDR2 800MHZ TwinXMS
    • Asus P5B Deluxe board
    • Enermax 850W PSU
    • XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXXX
    But it's desperately slow for what it should be. Temperatures are all okay (40c CPU, 65c GPU idle). I tried switching around the memory into different slots which made a bit of difference (for one thing I stopped getting memory errors :P). Going to run memtest86 tonight when I get home and see if I've got any problems there. The CPU is running at the speed it should be non overclocked (1.86). The problems lie in things like in the BIOS, when I go to a different tab there's a half second lag in switching and I'm not getting great performance in games.
    Just in case it's of note, I had reset the CMOS before I installed it and chose to enter the BIOS (to change the boot devices) rather than load default values when I booted it after that.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Go raibh maith agat agus slán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Configure your BIOS settings correctly.

Advertisement