Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech support

Options
  • 13-02-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anyone know of companys (Limerick/Shannon)region that would consider taking on students for tech support in the summer...how bout eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Not sure but maybe you could try Sykes in Shannon...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You could try PAQ IT...should be in the Golden Pages....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yep put a CV into Sykes...we take students each summer for a few months.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sykes is very good experience. Particularly now with sony and dell accounts.

DarkJager - That you Mike?

Nope my name ain't Mike!!!

• Advertisement

The Jager part fooled me. I was in the Sony and Samsung accounts up until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

You can also try Arise in Raheen. Callcentre too but way better then Sykes (own experience).

I know the Mike that you're on about!!!!

me too. is he still in sony? still smoking the 5hit? funny guy ;)

Yeah he's still there and still mad as ever!!

• Advertisement

someone should point him to this forum. he's getting famous now. can you see boards.ie in sykes or is the firewall still that restrictive?

how's the sony account now after the dragon left? poor dell people, getting molested by this sicko now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chrislimerick

hey jobs ad in weekend leader looking for 12 customer service peps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭underworld

Thanks lads...

I used to work in Arise too actually. Back when they had that notebook account / repair centre. Got a good reference from Ger. :D Had a great time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rushian

someone should point him to this forum. he's getting famous now. can you see boards.ie in sykes or is the firewall still that restrictive?

how's the sony account now after the dragon left? poor dell people, getting molested by this sicko now...

Who's the dragon?
    I worked there for 6 months- left last october...what a horrible place to work
    Not the people mind...there's some sound people working there just the job itself...and some members of management

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You can also try Arise in Raheen. Callcentre too but way better then Sykes (own experience).
    Thats a lie. The pay is worse, the office is disgusting and the work is god awful.

rushian wrote:
    Who's the dragon?
    I worked there for 6 months- left last october...what a horrible place to work
    Not the people mind...there's some sound people working there just the job itself...and some members of management

same here. left after 6 months. couldn't stanf it any longer.

then you don't know her - she was the account manager for sony. she left a good year ago (or even longer) that place. people where so relieved in the sony/kodak account. managementwise utterly useless people there. most of the supervisors are a joke! disgusting bootlickers and arselickers.
    Thats a lie. The pay is worse, the office is disgusting and the work is god awful.

if 5.000€ more p.a. in arise compared to sykes is a lie then it's true that pigs can fly. ger is a very sound guy. can you say this from the dragon or the supervisors [i'd like to give some names here...]

no pun intented, but with your nick you must be one of the supervisors in sykes, right?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

chuckles

I'm trying to remember who was the supervisor in the sony account when I was leaving. Must find out who mysterious dragon is. :) *rattles off email*

MarkR wrote:
    Must find out who mysterious dragon is. :) *rattles off email*

Hint: The name sounds like one of our neighbour conties...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

same here. left after 6 months. couldn't stanf it any longer.

then you don't know her - she was the account manager for sony. she left a good year ago (or even longer) that place. people where so relieved in the sony/kodak account. managementwise utterly useless people there. most of the supervisors are a joke! disgusting bootlickers and arselickers.

:D Another former Sykes employee here, worked on the Sony account for a year. Would agree about the "dragon"!! Great place to gain experience, great colleagues, shame about the management :( Have heard it's improved since though!

Advertisement