Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved the the new house

Options
  • 13-02-2007 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I moved in to the new house recently. I saw the house once before myself and my boyfriend moved in, but because it's relatively new we were sure that everything there is working fine. First thing that came up was the alarm that isn't working. Selling agent asure us that house has the alarm so we insured the house under the condition of having the alarm. First day- we want to switch it on and get ourself more familliar and there you go- it isn't working. The company that installed it years ago doesn't exist..or seems like they don't exist anymore because we can't get in touch with them. My question is who is reliable for this. Should I be getting back to the selling agent? I know that we should have checked the alarm before we moved in but we were told it's there and it is working. What can you do if you discovered something in the house that could have happened in between the day when we saw the house and the day we have moved in? If you have similar expierience please give us some advice. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There may not be a whole lot you can do if your money is paid up. Go back to your solicitor and just query it with him. Since it's not a structural issue, and the condition of "Alarm being in good working order" was probably not on your contracts, there's probably very little that you can do about it.

It's not that big a deal anyway. Any alarm company should be able to come out and fit a new one for you. It may cost a bit, but assuming that the wiring and sensors are in place and working, then it's just a matter of a new box, which shouldn't be too expensive.

Advertisement