Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County of Fingal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's an administrative region, I suppose, rather than a county in the traditional sense. I remember there used to be signs at the entrance to the M1 saying "Welcome to County Fingal" but they were taken down quite quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

tbh wrote:
    it's an administrative region, I suppose, rather than a county in the traditional sense. I remember there used to be signs at the entrance to the M1 saying "Welcome to County Fingal" but they were taken down quite quickly!

I remember that too. The cheeky gits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

We should turn it into a principality. I bags king!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

humanji wrote:
    We should turn it into a principality. I bags king!

I bags Traffic manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Thats actually taken lol. Used to work in roads Dept. of Fingal Co. Co. I'm declaring myself queen of Fingal :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Im in the army reserve and as and from now I declare martial law.

I hereby announce myself to the faithful masses as His Excellency Al-Hadji Field Marshal Dr. Morpheus, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Life President of the Republic of Fingal.

All blow-ins are to present themselves at the fingal borders in not more than 90 minutes to be "re-patriated" with their parent counties. Any not-quite-yet-Balbrigganers found within our states fine borders will be deprived of access to such amenities as the cinema, gym, new town hall, Lidl, Library and of course Dunnes stores.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, the County Fingal thing bugged me a bit! 26 counties in the Republic and some hotshots at the Fingal offices in Swords say 'ah feck lets make it 27!'

Advertisement