Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry to Cork City Commute

Options
  • 13-02-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anybody do this commute? Am considering doing it, as building in kerry and cant afford to be renting + building? If anyone does any1 wanna car pool??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Hiya specialon

I don't do it but make the trip most weekends. The Macroom bypass really can't come fast enough. Often spend most of the journey clocking 35 -40 mph cos your going at the pace of the car in front.

As regards whether its viable to commute, I guess it depends on where your commuting from. Glenflesk, Clonkeen, Rathmore even Killarney are just about doable. Other than that I'd say it would be very tiring. Perhaps if you are in a job with flexible/ slightly shorter than normal hours eg gardai, teaching it may be a little more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thespecialon

Its actually from Glenflesk area..I clocked it the last day hitting cork city rush hour and took me 1.5hours from my house to work(main hold up at sarsfield road roudabout)..My hours are reasonably flexible can start from 8-10am..Prob looking at 10am start thus avoiding main traffic and should be closer to 1hr 15mins range..Its about 53miles which is gonna hit me bit time on the pocket as regards petrol..I currently have a 25min commute but with dismal pay and zero job security. ya ive heard about this macroom bypass but nothing about it on the NRA website- any ideas when its due to start or be completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Its actually from Glenflesk area..I clocked it the last day hitting cork city rush hour and took me 1.5hours from my house to work(main hold up at sarsfield road roudabout)..My hours are reasonably flexible can start from 8-10am..Prob looking at 10am start thus avoiding main traffic and should be closer to 1hr 15mins range..Its about 53miles which is gonna hit me bit time on the pocket as regards petrol..I currently have a 25min commute but with dismal pay and zero job security. ya ive heard about this macroom bypass but nothing about it on the NRA website- any ideas when its due to start or be completed?

You should buy a house in Macroom, like mine, which happens to be for sale :D .

Macroom bypass is in early stages, route is decided etc., it'll be another 5 years I'm guessing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement