Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24, Day6, Hour 8 & 9, (1pm - 3pm) [Spoilers]

• 13-02-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Double episode w00pw00p!

Discuss.

[US] 24, Day6 Hour 8 & 9 18 votes

5*****
    0%
    4****
    33%
    kaimeraTimTimlaforsL31mr0dMenciusMr. K 6 votes
    3***
    61%
    Mossy MonkMountjoy MuggerMr EqBotSparkysdanseowhosedaddy?KojakHaven't a Clueaidan_rKel Varnsen 11 votes
    2**
    5%
    TCollins 1 vote
    1*
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

Still waiting for the cousins to send them over. I'm surprised there's a double ep this week, after there were four episodes over two nights at the start I thought they would stick to one ep a week right to the end. This means there's been nine episodes in five weeks I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

3***
    damnit anyway

thought it was a single episode so got episode 9 and not 8. god damn my rushing in the morning ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xbox-face

god dam it. i watched it. i watched both episodes. i cant believe it. if i hear it one more time im gonna be soooo angry. is it just me or the is the only thing 24 says; 'blah blah blah im jack bauer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4****
    Hour8,

Damn you Morris, damn you to ****! All CTU personnel should have to go thru some sort of torture training. GAH!
    I suppose it was inevitable but still!

And who'd want to be President during a day of 24?
    Christ, are they all either corrupt or have a cabinet that want them killed?

Enjoyed the ep overall. Will reserve rating till after hour9 and rate them together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4****
    Hour9:

Thought it was excellent. Very nice ending but I wasn't expecting the house blowing up [more a team there to take down everyone but hindsight tells me that a bomb was better]. Was also expecting Milo to be killed for some reason given I hadn't seen him in the field yet.

Morris feeling sorry for himself, yes and ****ing right he should feel guilty but man the **** up and get back to work. Chloe and her bitchslap :)

Ah Daddy Bauer, you're ****ed later. Taking the grandson and using him as leverage was easy to spot. The whole Gredenko is behind everything I wasn't expecting but interesting.

A very very good 2 hours of viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

4****
    Another top notch episode.

Sneaky ****ing russians. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

4****
    Wohoo! 2 more hours :)

I thought the first hour was better.
    Imagine getting drilled, holy crap that would hurt, I would've defo armed the bombs, sure its only americans ;)

Having to disarm the bomb was cool, nice to see he had a torx head with him, cos I can never find one when I need it :)

In hour 9 I was expectin an ambush too not a bomb at the end.

I bet the arab lad (the 'good' terrorist...cant remember his name) saves the presidents life when they try to kill him.

Sneaky russians is right!

Quality 2 hrs of TV anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

great to see some car chases and different action (rather than jack with the classic gun stance shooting everyone) he got a frickin 12 guage in this ep aswell:)

didnt like the bit where chloe couldnt do her job because of emotional issues(seen it too many times b4)
    damn mc carthy got owned

lafors wrote:
    Wohoo! 2 more hours :)

I bet the arab lad (the 'good' terrorist...cant remember his name) saves the presidents life when they try to kill him.

Interesting theory, could happen alright. I could see the booby-trap in the house coming a mile off. Great to see Milo getting a bit of action at last though.
    One thing though: In hour 8: how stupid does Jack think the arab guys in the apartment were? They were never going to believe that fire alarm was for real. Fayed knew straight away CTU were onto them.
    I didn't expect the blonde one to pop McCarthy like that.
    Also: James Cromwell could quite possibly turn out to be the baddest 24 bad guy ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3***
    Considering last years mid-season sweeps double episode had the Death of Edgar, I was expecting something huge in these two episodes. It moved along at a nice old pace, but nothing major happened....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Milo will die....he's the only one apart form Jack whos been there from the start its overdue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

3***
    i really enjoyed both episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

3***
    Good double bill..
    But is it just me or is 24 a lot more graphic this season...

Also why do bombs always make these little noises when red goes to green... :-) other then allowing Jack to jump out of the window. Milo's hand grenades just detonated.

And Milo is a kick ass driver..

The delivery system - will be be rockets? It is on trucks coming from Nevada....
    Gredenko was looking at some grid at the end.
    I'd say with Milo's arming device the bomb will have about 5 minutes to detonation. Unless he wants to blow up the western seaboard only, he has to deliver these bombs quickly... (but we had rockets before...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

The second half of hour 9 was really stupid and badly written.

That was their ****ing lead on the Russians?

Stupid Bitch: "oh, I went to this house I don't remember but I remember hearing Russians...lol"

Jack:Quick everyone! To the Batmobile! But first I better say how much of a longshot this is, that will make it seem alright.

Jack's father calling her a confessing everything.... how did he know she wouldn't just tell Jack? Way too big of a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

3***
    i'm sure its Jack's son... :-)

DingChavez wrote:
    Jack's father calling her a confessing everything.... how did he know she wouldn't just tell Jack? Way too big of a risk.

I presume he told her that he killed Graham to convince her that he was prepared to kill her son as well.
    I could see that coming too:it was obvious that he was going to take the boy hostage in order to make her send Jack off on a wild goose chase.
    Hope there isn't some long drawn-out siege situation between Jack, his dad and the son. That would be v. boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

3***
    Is it me or have 24 limited their baddies to either Russians or Middle-Easterns this weather?

The main baddies in season 1 and season 5 to an extent were Russian. The main baddies in season 2 and season 4 were Middle Eastern. So, they've now joined forces to try for one last big hurrah to bollix up America?

Anyway, two pretty good episodes alright. Was nice seeing Maurice getting a beating, though the screwdriver bit was nasty. Some of it was a little predictable again, like Bauer Snr.'s use of the kid for example. Mefeels Jack could get a proper bollickin later on over the Graham (not Graem or whatever rare way the yanks spell it) incident...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

3***
    Only go to see Hour8, Sky One's schedule.

A fairly good episode, althought I was disappointed at how easily Fayed escaped. I thought that Maurice would have programmed the device to make it look like it was working, when in fact is wouldn't work (i.e a decoy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

4****
    Hands up those who want to see more of Jack with a pump action shotgun and an apartment full of arabs with nukes :D

My favourite line was Bill Buchanan's:

"We think Gradenko is on the West coast, POSSIBLY LA" :D who the hell isn't in LA. I mean does every badguy and nuke of every season have to be within a 20 minute drive from CTU HQ? What the hell would they of done if Gradenko was in NY?

Still, great episodes, I love the pace and action they manage to pack into each episode, no matter how unrealistic, you still like to see Jack get involved in gunfights with ridiculous odds and come out blazing. IMO the only let down for the show is the politics, have more of jack running around blowing up terrorists and less of the dogma from the whitehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

You'd think the terrorists would have learned by now that Jack Bauer is ALWAYS in LA, even when he's supposed to be in China. It's the worst place ever to plan a terrorist attack.

Anyone think Tom Lennox isn't as big a prick as he seems? I thought he was too easily convinced by his little man-bitch. There's a chance he might actually try to help the President.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

3***
    LordBlonde wrote:
    You'd think the terrorists would have learned by now that Jack Bauer is ALWAYS in LA, even when he's supposed to be in China. It's the worst place ever to plan a terrorist attack.

Anyone think Tom Lennox isn't as big a prick as he seems? I thought he was too easily convinced by his little man-bitch. There's a chance he might actually try to help the President.
    Haha. You can imagine the terrorist meetings alright...

"Rrright, so, where do we wanna attack this time?"
    *Room falls silent*
    "Erm...how about LA?"
    "But...we always do LA. DAMMIT PEOPLE, WE CAN DO BETTER. Anything else?"
    "Maybe, if we just did something different, they won't know what to expect in LA this time."
    "Oh, **** it. LA it is..."

I also laughed during s4 when Marwan was on about how the 'American people would be wakening up to a new something or other...". Sure the boys over in New York would be digging into some dinner by the time something's happened in morning-time LA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

how did fayed get away ??? in a chopper ??
    they had the surrounded with guys on roof and everything?

CTU must be out of "tac-teams" by now !!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

3***
    BOHSBOHS wrote:
    how did fayed get away ??? in a chopper ??
    they had the surrounded with guys on roof and everything?

CTU must be out of "tac-teams" by now !!!!!!!!:D
    Given that he went through the sewer, I'm guessing the chopper wasn't on the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

They said in hour 8 that a medivac chopper was spotted landing on a football pitch nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

3***
    Watched 2:00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. last night.

For a guy who works in an office all day, Milo sure can drive like the best of them :D

Old man Bauer is turning into a right c*nt - first he kills his son, now he wants to "do in" his grandson. That would be a great family to be a member off!!

All in all, a good episode. Can't wait for next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

3***
    Personally I could see a few things coming a mile down the road.

Advertisement