Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Chip

Options
  • 13-02-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭

I bought a new full susp. mountain bike about a month ago & have noticed a paint chip in the top tube. When I rubbed it with my finger the chip got bigger & I am concerned that the bike will just flake away. Its an aluminium frame, so imagine it should not rust (?) but am still concerned. The eposed bit of frame is still half the size of the nail on my little finger, should I be worried about this or do I ignore it? I have since noticed a couple of reviews stating the same problem on this model of bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have some chips on my alu framed mtn bike (2000 Specialized Rockhopper) that I use for commuting. I covered some of them with heavy tape ('gaffers tape'). I got them because of how I lean my bike against the bike rack slot in work. All seems fine.

Advertisement