Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What music does your Dad listen to?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

time for an anonymous mail to IRMA i think :D

He has also discovered limewire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

My dad listens to AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd and Rory Gallagher.

Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In 10 years time this thread will seem a bit quaint. I'm willing to predict the average dad will be listening to anything from Classic Rock to the Sex Pistols to NWA, the Hucklebuck will be strickly for rural OAPs.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My mum and dad, bless them, had absolutely terrible taste in music when I was growing up. They grew up in the era of Elvis and the Beatles yet the only Elvis record in the house was a gospel one! There was a copy of Devil In Disguise on 7" though, and it's still one of my favourite Elvis songs.

They must have wondered what they did wrong when I was listening to AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc., growing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

mike65 wrote:
    In 10 years time this thread will seem a bit quaint. I'm willing to predict the average dad will be listening to anything from Classic Rock to the Sex Pistols to NWA.
    I must be ahead of my time, so. Groovy! :D

[Edit: Ok, I'll give yez a peek inside a forty-something's music folder. This is my work PC, so only a small and slightly arbitrary cross-section. If there's anything there you find funny, just remember that you're not too old to be put across my knee just yet!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Beatles, Elvis, Johnny Cash, The Rat Pack, so not too bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Percy French, Percy who ? (the most boring old fart that once lived).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

peckerhead, your music reflects your age! Lots of that stuff I grew up with (42). However minus points for no Miles Davis or Stars-on-45! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Oh, I've plenty of both at home, Mike! :D (43 next April)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

he loves a lot of stuff, has a lot of queen, beatles, deep purple and so on. but he has meandered into my cd collection (when i stick something on in the car). strangely he likes metallica (particularly S&M), rammstein & pearl jam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My Dad has great taste in music.

When I was young he had stacks and stacks of cassettes filled with albums he'd taped off the radio (back when they used to play whole albums late at night). Talking Heads. Led Zeppelin. Elvis Costello. The Doors. The Stones. The Beatles. Pink Floyd. Steely Dan.

I remember the day Ok Computer came out we went off on a family holiday to France and spent the whole thing listening to it in the car as we drove around.

Got a lot to thank my Da for. Growing up with good music being played in the house is just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think he listens to um, none.

Ditto. I don't think he actually likes music.

Advertisement