Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New civic type r video

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

JHMEG wrote:
    Having said that it's super communicative, especially with the speed sensitive power steering. It may not have endless grip, but it lets you know well in advance what's going to happen next.
    Sounds good. Too many cars are wooly that way. You only know somethings gone wrong when you're upside down in a ditch and your hair's on fire.
    Bit of a hung jury as to which is better, DA6 or DC2 (certainly the DC2 looks a whole lot better),
    You're having a laugh, right? Was this a drunk jury by any chance? :D;)
    but I thought it was fairly unanimous that the DC5 was head and shoulders above the DC2 in terms of handling and driver appeal.
    Only in Honda's marketing dept at the time. In head to head tests(there's a couple in youtube AFAIR) the dc2 is pretty much equal to the DC5 in pretty much everything and is considered to have far more feel and chuckability. In day to day I found driving the DC5 is more comfortable and the extra gear is very useful, but the feel is definitely lacking. Put it another way I'm driving a DC2 now(well not now, but you get the gist I suspect posting on a forum while driving garners some serious pointage...).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Off topic but does anyone know if there really is such a thing as an Accord Type R? got a taxi from heuston a few months back in an Accord with type R badges everywhere, had a kit too. She was definitely V-tech, but is there such a thing as a factory built R-Accord?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Wibbs wrote:
    Only in Honda's marketing dept at the time.

You'd be surprised mate. One or two friends of mine have all traded up to dc5's since they became cheaper and are more than happy with the swap. Whatever about performance issue (and i didnt see any), the dc5 is a much better looking car on the road, and this is coming from a ex dc2 owner.

Im getting the feeling that you are a biased dc2 owner and have never had a dc5 because from my test drive and from what friends who have traded up to these fellas they really are a cracking car and more than a match for the dc2 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Wibbs wrote:
    You're having a laugh, right? Was this a drunk jury by any chance? :D;)

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=730
    "Argued by many as the best model Integra ever"

I'm not a professional driver, and nor do I think my driving skills are way up there either. Therefore I have to rely on the professionals' opionions from time to time! :)

cpoh1 wrote:
    the dc5 is a much better looking car on the road, and this is coming from a ex dc2 owner.
    No I agree here. It is the better looking car. No doubt and certainly better looking IMHO than the recent Civics. I liked the 6 speed too. It's a more civilised drive as well. I just think the DC2 is the purer car. It's a more involved drive. Also with a bigger engine, more power, more gears and being more up to date you would have thought it would be far better, indeed head and shoulders above the older one, but it's not.

Then again, it seems we're both wrong if JHMEG is anything to go by.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Wibbs wrote:
    Then again, it seems we're both wrong if JHMEG is anything to go by.:D

Ah, so you didn't read the article! The DC5 isn't included...

Oh yes I did...:D

Advertisement