Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE in the States?

• 13-02-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading to New York and Vegas in October, and would love to catch a WWE show (even a house show).
    WWE.com seems to only have a schedule up until August, anyone know if that's as far ahead as theywould have planned / released at the moment?

WWE aside, is there a half decent NY based indy promtion?
    (Doubt if there much in Vegas that would be low key)

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE probably do have their domestic shows scheduled, but they wouldn't announce them til sometime in the summer I would imagine. WWE is doing a European tour in the middle of October I think though, so hopefully you're not unlucky and miss out on them here and there!

The only indies I know of in the NY area would be UXW and New York Wrestling Connection. UXW would be the better, or at least have the bigger names, of the two. If you're lucky, ROH might be doing a NY show then, but you wouldn't know til the summer

I'm not sure how it is now, but up until very recently at least, it was completely financially unfeasible for most indy promoters to run shows in NY. I read a huge article on it sometime last year, basically the state treat wrestling as a sport and not as what it actually is, so the taxes and licences cost up to ten times more than it would to hold it in any other state

Don't know much about Vegas, but a UFC show there would be a big spectacle! As well as costing possibly 100 times more than an indy show, haha. Hope you have a good time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If your in Vegas which is pretty much the MMA capital of the world, you'd definitely have a good chance of seeing a show.

There are so many groups (IFL, EXC, WFA) now not just the UFC that theres bound to be one around then and it wouldn't that expensive at all once your not looking for ringside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

check out ticketmaster.com, when i was in the states they used have events listed further ahead than wwe.com. Also check the big venue web sites.

Eg new york, MSG or Mohican Sun (halfway between boston and new york)

Advertisement