Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt 2

Options
  • 13-02-2007 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but it appears that Manhunt 2 is set for a Summer 07 release. There's bugger all on the page at the moment, so I'll have a look around to see if I can find more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I heard its gonna come out in the wii
    id like to see them make good use out of the controller
    im sure they could make the goryness all the more real with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Personally , Manhunt was the reason I bought a PS2. Well, Manhunt and Silent Hill. I hear James Earl Cash won't be making a re-appearance, instead it's following a guy with a split personality, half psycho killer, half mild mannered bespectacled gent. Also I think they're moving from the snuff film idea. And it's on the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I can almost see the headlines on all the papers talking about how people have been strangled with the wii controllers...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Fantastic game! "Texas Chainsaw Massacre:The Game" !!! :)

Agree with you Gizzle - they're both the reason I got the PS2!

Looks like I'll have to shell out for a Wii so soon... Bye bye groceries! :)

[edit]
    No - wait - after viewing the teaser trailer it says its out for PS2, PSP and Wii - hurray! Milk n Brerad for another while! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

New Details.

The first razor sharp shards of info on Rockstar's recently announced PS2, PSP and Wii murder mosh, Manhunt 2, have been unsheathed in the latest issue of the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine. And the descriptions of some of the game's bound-for-infamy kills make for pretty gruesome reading.

The harshest syringe kill, for example, involves Daniel Lamb, Manhunt 2 's chief murderiser, kicking an enemy to the ground and stomping on him before thrusting the lengthy needle into his foe's eye. What an eyesore. But by far the most unholy sounding defilement mentioned has to be this ill little puppy: "Later in the game, a member of The Project has both his plums and a pair of vertebrae removed with a pair of pliers." It's absolutely nuts.
    Big Screen, Main Screen

Above: Compared to plier-powered testicle pulling, an axe to the head seems pretty tame

Other interesting bits revealed by UK's OPM:
    • The Director, gangs, CCTV cameras and death row dodger, James Earl Cash, from the first Manhunt won't play a part
    • Manhunt 2 's main character, scientist Dr Daniel Lamb, is locked in a private asylum by The Project - shady backers of a top secret drugs-based weapons program that Lamb was working on
    • After breaking out of the asylum, Daniel Lamb goes on the run with psychotic inmate Leo Kasper, who is happy to coach Lamb on the brutal art of violence
    • Like the first Manhunt, kills are executed in three deadly shades - Hasty, Violent and Gruesome
    • Environmental kills have been introduced (push an enemy face first into a live fuse box, for example)
    • Loud ambient noises can be exploited by Lamb to drown out his own crashing about
    • When hiding in shadows, if an enemy comes close the player will sometimes have to copy a button combo in order to regulate Lamb's breathing and ensure that he remains undetected
    • Lamb can climb and crawl - two moves that Manhunt's James Earl Cash couldn't do
    • Guns can be used for stealth kills

For the full, uncut Manhunt 2 details (with pictures and everything), be sure to pick up issue 4 of UK's Official PlayStation Magazine when it goes on sale this Wednesday.

Awesome.

• Advertisement

Tee Hee! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I could just imagine it on the wii having to perform movements that would be the same as chopping someone up with a axe :D

I thought they weren't aloud make one cause of that kid in england who killed some other fella?

If its on ps2 ill play it Cleared the 1st one loved it! :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

DeafVision wrote:
    I could just imagine it on the wii having to perform movements that would be the same as chopping someone up with a axe :D

Didn't you read the article? Who cares about using an axe? You're going to have to perform the movements of pulling someones nuts off with a pliars!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

humanji wrote:
    Didn't you read the article? Who cares about using an axe? You're going to have to perform the movements of pulling someones nuts off with a pliars!!! :D

all in a days work.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jack Thompson is going to love this.

• Advertisement

You mean he enjoys pulling peoples testicles off?

Jaysus, I can imagine it now...the rumble that follows the downward yank on the wii-mote....*shudders* :p

Advertisement