Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTN Fashion Show "Slick"

Options
  • 13-02-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

http://ctn.buildontech.com/content/view/32/32/

Fashion show presented by a man in yellow pants,
    this is a fcuking joke!! what an embarassment...possibly one of the most awful things i have ever seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

We let a man with yellow trousers run the country......
    xin_120601100907509178144.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

That yellow pants guy is the worst dressed person I have ever seen. 'Unique' doesn't mean good dress sense. You should have seen him at the law ball.

Still to give him respect for wearing that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Sangre wrote:
    That yellow pants guy is the worst dressed person I have ever seen. 'Unique' doesn't mean good dress sense. You should have seen him at the law ball.

Still to give him respect for wearing that crap.
    what the hell was he wearing at the law ball, i bet there was a top hat involved???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Wasn't the below picture already linked to/abused on Boards this year?
    paulwalsh.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

i'm appauled at the level of childessness on this thread.

paul is a lovely bloke and as ucd students we should all support anything a fellow student does. CTN is a student run network with student run shows. if you dont like it, make your own shows and see if you can compete.

by the way some good news will be announce soon about CTN that may shock some of you ant-CTN people.

also pauls second show i garrantee you will be funny.

also, no he wasnt wearing a tp hat at the law ball. he wore the same hat in the above photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Boo ye people.
    That man is class

And look its Paddy too :D I never knew he did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Dontico wrote:
    i'm appauled at the level of childessness on this thread.

paul is a lovely bloke and as ucd students we should all support anything a fellow student does. CTN is a student run network with student run shows. if you dont like it, make your own shows and see if you can compete.

by the way some good news will be announce soon about CTN that may shock some of you ant-CTN people.

also, no he wasnt wearing a tp hat at the law ball. he wore the same hat in the above photo.

You are appalled by the childessness of this thread?? Have you seen the childessness of that programme? It is pathetic.
    I'd support things that other UCD students do if it was well thought out, meant well or well executed. Slick is embarassing, two lads decide they desperately need an ego boost and arse about on camera, not actually ever attempting to do what they are meant to (lifestyle programme?? what exactly did we all learn?) The whole thing is a miserable ego trip.
    And if I were to make my own show, I'd put a lot more effort in to it, and treat it more seriously then they did.
    And that's before considering the homophobic comment they edited back in for added hillarity :rolleyes:

i just want to clarify that i didnt mean this to be a personal attack on anyone or anything!!
    i was just saying how bad the whole show is!! i have seen other CTN stuff and its not too bad.....
    its just the two of them running around dundrum and ucd making fools of themselves tbh
    whatever your into i suppose!!

Dontico wrote:

i wont hold my breath! the borat impressions were all the comedy i need to see from him.

and also if one puts themself in a position where they are broadcast to an audience then they have to be able to put up with commentry.....be it positive or negative.
    yer man is hardly a wallflower now is he!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dontico wrote:
    as ucd students we should all support anything a fellow student does.

I can think of a number of situations where this is untrue. Bank robbery, for one. (I was going to say something else, but it might have offended people, so I didn't.)

I watched about 10 minutes of it. I didn't think much of it. But then again, that's only my opinion. At least CTN can now be seen, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

They need to lose the Borat bull****, but otherwise not a bad show for how little money I presume they have. I was slightly biased in that I knew a few of the people who were interviewed with one being an obvious choice (The German guy with the Paddy hat). They should stick with the UCD stuff since its interesting to see how people go about getting stuff, and people who dress interestingly are usually interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'd support an amateur effort to make an interesting or entertaining show but that felt more like a couple of guys enjoying playing around in front of a camera.
    scop wrote:
    and people who dress interestingly are usually interesting.

A bit off topic but I find that there are just as many compensating for an exceedingly boring/absent personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

vote4pedro wrote:
    You are appalled by the childessness of this thread??

I agree, pretty much all threads are fairly childish....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Dontico wrote:

Will this be their coverage of the American Ambassador's visit to UCD today? The one that The Observer , Tribune and Belfield FM will be covering.

On a side note today will see the introduction of televised Belfieldfm interviews (well not televised but on youtube) with the Election candidates for next years student union.. watch this space and all that.

And CTN... dont try and get the Ambassador to rap with "slick" ... (joke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I think I heard somewhere that some of their shows have been commissioned by City Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

abelard wrote:
    I think I heard somewhere that some of their shows have been commissioned by City Channel.

Yeah I heard the same. They were bought by City Channel. So if this rumor is correct they

1)took a load of money off the college
    2)took a load of money of sponsors
    3)took a load off parents
    4)made a few home videos and uploaded them on google
    5)got into plenty of trouble for homophobia, iron stomach ect ect
    6)sold their shows to City Channel

Will the money come back to the college?

If that's true, so much for being a student station run by students with limited resources and all that "shake those pompoms" crap. That'd be like getting an event management company to run a faculty/school day. (i.e. Totally against the point of the whole thing in the first place.)

But obviously, esp. from the Slick! footage, they're working REALLY HARD and we should all stop being so MEAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I found it really entertaining! It was quite funny watching them doing their 'kerazy' capers around dundrum. Id like to see the reaction they'd get in the Jervis sc.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

tintinr35 wrote:
    http://ctn.buildontech.com/content/view/32/32/

Fashion show presented by a man in yellow pants,
    this is a fcuking joke!! what an embarassment...possibly one of the most awful things i have ever seen.
    Is that supposed to be some sort of cringe-comedy?

Rubbing your arse in front of the camera? Playing a track over the presenters while they're talking? Asking the other presenter where else you're going? I watched about 45 seconds of it, and I've never laughed at 45 seconds of TV more.

Bravo!

The editor should be given a red nose day award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Rubbing your arse in front of the camera? Playing a track over the presenters while they're talking? Asking the other presenter where else you're going? I watched about 45 seconds of it, and I've never laughed at 45 seconds of TV more.

Bravo!

Thank God, I thought I was the only one who thought this. Playing the track over the presenters was especially bad, and the humming of the elevators wasn't very enjoyable either.
    Oh well, it was a bit better than the bits of that CTN dating show I watched...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I thought it was a deadly show with loads of great fashion tips. Cant wait for the next episode, should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I thought it was a deadly show with loads of great fashion tips. Cant wait for the next episode, should be good

Fashion tips? for men?

Like what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Chakar wrote:
    Fashion tips? for men?

Like what?

Nah mostly the clothing, really stylish stuff on there. I thought the presenters looked pretty cool, everyone's been really harsh on them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Bravo!

Towards the end of the show yellow pants boy dances on his own in the student bar for absolutely no reason, theres about 20 people in the background watching him with looks of 'what is that clown up to now' on their faces.

I was at the Jodie Marsh comedy debate thing last year and one of the comedians started slagging this guy and he was NOT happy, couldnt take a joke at all. So its not just on camera he gives a bad impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Blut wrote:
    I was at the Jodie Marsh comedy debate thing last year and one of the comedians started slagging this guy and he was NOT happy, couldnt take a joke at all. So its not just on camera he gives a bad impression.
    Are you sure it was the same guy? I mean there are hundreds of guys in UCD who you could be mistaken for...

*Removes tongue from cheek*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It's Spongebob chic.

I know Paul, he's a nice guy.

We live in a tolerant free society.So people can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Chakar wrote:
    I know Paul, he's a nice guy.

Well I think I'll criticise that mediocre performance then :rolleyes:

Chakar wrote:

So how's that new lense prescription working out for you?

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    So how's that new lense prescription working out for you?

You like them?

Advertisement