Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTN Fashion Show "Slick"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Chakar wrote:
    I know Paul, he's a nice guy.

We live in a tolerant free society.So people can do what they want.
    We can do what we want as long as we don't talk about others doing what they want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sangre wrote:
    We can do what we want as long as we don't talk about others doing what they want?

That was general statement which was interpreted by you to mean the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You mean it was a meaningless statement?

How unlike you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sangre wrote:
    You mean it was a meaningless statement?

How unlike you.

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

vote4pedro wrote:
    And if I were to make my own show, I'd put a lot more effort in to it, and treat it more seriously then they did.
    And that's before considering the homophobic comment they edited back in for added hillarity :rolleyes:

then go make your own show and stop complaining.

• Advertisement

Pantsless wrote:
    Will this be their coverage of the American Ambassador's visit to UCD today? The one that The Observer , Tribune and Belfield FM will be covering.

who would interested in watching an interview with the ambassador? we were told not to ask about the war. thats just stupid. a man who represents a country thats involved with the biggest event in out lives and we cant talk to him about it.

no, my news is better that that. but i've told to keep quiet untill it happens.

Pantsless wrote:
    Yeah I heard the same. They were bought by City Channel. So if this rumor is correct they

1)took a load of money off the college
    2)took a load of money of sponsors
    3)took a load off parents
    4)made a few home videos and uploaded them on google
    5)got into plenty of trouble for homophobia, iron stomach ect ect
    6)sold their shows to City Channel

Will the money come back to the college?

took a load of parents? whos parents?
    a few societies get money from both sponsors and college.
    a whole night takes up about 10 mins of my show. we do put alot of effort.
    we didnt get into trouble over the "homopobia" or the iron stomach.
    and yes money is going back into the college, in the form of helping out those who take part in the society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Blush_01 wrote:
    If that's true, so much for being a student station run by students with limited resources and all that "shake those pompoms" crap. That'd be like getting an event management company to run a faculty/school day. (i.e. Totally against the point of the whole thing in the first place.)

But obviously, esp. from the Slick! footage, they're working REALLY HARD and we should all stop being so MEAN!
    I lolled. Nice one, Blush.

CTN Sucks!

Maybe I should just make that my sig... Who's with me?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I lolled. Nice one, Blush.

CTN Sucks!

Maybe I should just make that my sig... Who's with me?:D
    I'd be with you but I can't stand Róisín Ingle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Dontico wrote:
    then go make your own show and stop complaining.

That's a terrific point to make :rolleyes:
    Out of interest, have CTN even approached the film studies department about helping out in some way? Surely anyone with a passing interest in film production would tell you how amazingly amateurish not using a boom, or indeed any sort of extra mic, looks and sounds.

• Advertisement

i dont have enough money at the moment to buy new sound equiptment for my show.
    yes i have contacted the film studies department and film soc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was under the impression that CTN recieved alot of money from the college and other contributors. Surely that would pay for a boom and mics. Editing of Videos aint that hard. Windows movie maker and 1 hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Dontico wrote:
    i dont have enough money at the moment to buy new sound equiptment for my show.
    Surely CTN would foot the bill because its the sort of thing that they could reuse for years? No TV station could really ask its presenters to buy their own equipment, that's really odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Surely CTN would foot the bill because its the sort of thing that they could reuse for years? No TV station could really ask its presenters to buy their own equipment, that's really odd...

Exactly, it just shows how amateurish the whole thing is. I don't know which show is yours Dontico, and don't mean to offend, but CTN shouldn't have gone to air if all they don't have proper production equipment.

i'm not allowed yet respond to to airing question. other than, wait and see.

i'm not sure what CTN's current accounts are. i know somethings but i am not allowed comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PamelaNewenham

Hey everyone,
    Just to clear a few things up...
    I was under the impression that CTN recieved alot of money from the college and other contributors. Surely that would pay for a boom and mics.
    -Grimes
    I have stated on numerous occassions that the only item which UCD paid for was Libel and Slander Insurance....and recently they gave us some money towards a camera. They have given us no money for dv tapes, editing equipment, sound equipment etc.
    -Singingstranger
    CTN has never asked any of its members to contribute money towards items for CTN. CTN foots the bill for everything it buys.
    CTN shouldn't have gone to air if all they don't have proper production equipment.
    -Vote4Pedro
    I completely disagree, everyone has to start somewhere. When RTE first aired they only started broadcasting at 6pm each day, and it was pre-recorded. Do you think RTE should not have begun until they had enough programmes to broadcast all day, and the equipment to do live reports etc?
    how amazingly amateurish not using a boom
    -vote4pedro
    I was at the Meteor Irish Music Awards recently, and the only people to have a boom there were RTE. City Channel, TV3, etc did not have booms. Booms are only necessary when there is large groups of people and a lot of noise, and we have managed well without one so far. Furthermore booms cost on average of 6000 euro...there is no way CTN could afford this.

Originally Posted by Blush_01
    If that's true, so much for being a student station run by students with limited resources and all that "shake those pompoms" crap.
    CTN is a student station run by students, and yes it does have limited resources.
    Originally Posted by Blush_01
    But obviously, esp. from the Slick! footage, they're working REALLY HARD and we should all stop being so MEAN!
    Everyone in CTN does work really hard. Slick was the first programme the presenters ever did, and everyone has to start somewhere.

Some people also commented on the fact there was music over the presenters talking at times. The reason for this is that they never asked the shop to turn off the music,and thus there was commercial/chart music playing in the background, which we cannot use. This has been a lesson learned, so now when any filming done in shops etc. CTN asks if it is possible to turn the music down/off for a brief period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Dontico wrote:
    i'm not allowed yet respond to to airing question. other than, wait and see.

i'm not sure what CTN's current accounts are. i know somethings but i am not allowed comment.
    I don't know how CTN would survive without you.

cast_iron wrote:
    I don't know how CTN would survive without you.

sarcasim?

Advertisement