Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Singletons Valentines Thread

• 13-02-2007 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

So myself and the shag buddy went our seprate ways last week, great timing eh? Its the one time of year I think been single is an advantage, its not so much the financhial aspect of the day (thats not a problem) its the false slushyness and overall hassle of the day that I find annoying even when Im in steady reletionships on Feb 14th.

So which Boardsies are single this Valentines and happier for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

IvaBigWun wrote:

So which Boardsies are single this Valentines and happier for it?

/me raises hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Well, I'm single by choice this year so I guess I will be a lot happier than last Valentine's Day :)

We're suppose to get our first big snowstorm of the winter tomorrow, so I'll be sitting at home warm and cozy watching the snow fall. Alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I wouldn't mind a shag but that sentiment isn't just confined to valentines day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Go single this Valentines Day and know the difference.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭helpme

I hate This valentines. i broke up with the love of my life before christmas. i just found out 2day that she is seeing someone else. I had a nice present for her for tomorrow. cant send it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

My loneliness burns like a sickly fire, quietly consuming the joy of life....../SOB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm so desperately horny, I'll do anyone!!!!

edit: although, The_Minister put it more eloquently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm single. Not really been looking since the ex and I broke up a few months ago.
    Also, pretty unwell at the moment, so even if I was with someone, I'd be doing nothing this V Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I'm single for about a month. It's been about 6 years since I had a proper totally single Valentines Day. Can't remember how it goes! What do singletons do these days?

...oh yeah save a shed load of cash :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bought me a bottle of rosé cava on the cheap, get myself all suggestable and have a run at a stack of new bongo.

As an added act of bitterness, I'll cook something nice and opulent for myself to highlight the fact that my flatmate can't cook a damn thing for his gf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shall be watching football on BBC1

this makes me happy. now i am hoping Arsenal can win at the Reebok Stadium

Well I officially am not single since Saturday but deciding whether it will suit me :)
    I'll see him at the weekend i'm still heading out with the single girl's tmw night! as I'm not ready to let go of my single habit's yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well I officially am not single since Saturday but deciding whether it will suit me :)
    I'll see him at the weekend i'm still heading out with the single girl's tmw night! as I'm not ready to let go of my single habit's yet!

So you don't get the point of "The Singletons Valentines Thread" at all, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

I would say send a small present ! You never know what happen

she might change her mind ! dont give up so easily !

Chin up ! and keep hopes high !

helpme wrote:
    I hate This valentines. i broke up with the love of my life before christmas. i just found out 2day that she is seeing someone else. I had a nice present for her for tomorrow. cant send it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

as a singleton i am going diving (scuba diving before you ask,dirty minds!) to wash the blues away!

singletons rock btw and couples SHOULD be banned from this thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I would say send a small present ! You never know what happen

she might change her mind ! dont give up so easily !

Chin up ! and keep hopes high !
    No... Do a poo in her letterbox instead. That'll learn her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Hrmph... That's all I'm going to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Well I officially am not single since Saturday

so you decided to post this on 'The Singletons Valentines Thread'?

humanji wrote:
    So you don't get the point of "The Singletons Valentines Thread" at all, do you?
    I still feel single ...it happen's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't know whether I'm bitter or not about being single tomorrow... There's talk of all different events taking place with my single friends, from going to see Hannibal Rising to going speed dating for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

hmmm thats called keeping all options open.

and does the man you are seeing considers him self single too ? thats a big question he might be truly in love with you ....:eek: its possible !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Faith wrote:
    ...to going speed dating for the laugh.

that actually exists in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

yep I am single thank god because i am so broke after having about 3 holidays since christmas ( which i prob wouldnt have had if i wasnt single)
    Although my ex keeps texting the past week but the bitch is getting nothing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trilla, Faith lives in Edinburgh.

Trilla wrote:
    that actually exists in Ireland?
    Yes it does. It's great... you can get over 30 rejections in one evening as opposed to the usual 3 or 4. It's a great way to get through your monthly rejection quota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'm single myself aswell, and to be honest, I don't care. The whole thing of Valentine's Day is a money racket anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I feel the occaisonal single myself. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hey i am single and loving evey minute of it - wont say no to a shag though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Just broke off with Miss Piggy to enable me to post in this thread. Had intended the break up to last up until midnight but because of her distressed state and in order to stop the uncontrollable weeping, Pighead changed it to 5pm.

So yeah, hey ya singletons. We rock!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm so alone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Very much single but with a couple of contingency people on the subs bench for periodic booty-calls.;)

Valentine's Day is for hapless nimrods to prove to the world that someone is actually stupid enough to fall in love with their sorry arses and parade their puke-inducing saccharine declaration of adoration around the place for all to see.

OK, a bit harsh, but even when in a relationship on February 14th I always thought it a pile of pants quite frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

lol @ Miss Fluffy

i agree i think valentines day is the biggest pile of pants on the calendar.

Its not about love, it's about lining the pockets of hallmark executives and putting everyone on the spot for a day. Lovers are taken advantage of and the lonely are made lonelier.

Balls to it i say.

ChRoMe wrote:
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    The coast guard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

So Valentines Day anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My girl will be on the opposite side of the country for the day so can Ipretend to be alone?
    Oh, I'm slutty. ¬_¬

• Advertisement

My girl will be on the opposite side of the country for the day so can Ipretend to be alone?
    Oh, I'm slutty. ¬_¬

Slut!

It's ok, I'll come up to Galway to comfort you. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I am and shall be single. I was thinking of asking a girl out recently, but fuck it, why not wait til the 15th.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Somebody will snatch her up?

I await you sjones, I have a double bed and a good heater.
    3 acres of land too.

I await you sjones, I have a double bed and a good heater.
    3 acres of land too.

I can't wait. Shall we say midnight tonight? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

humanji wrote:
    I'm so desperately horny, I'll do anyone!!!!

edit: although, The_Minister put it more eloquently.
    ROFL! Actually, humanji, I reckon that was sufficiently eloquent for the occasion ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

asl? Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

WONT SOMEBODY LOVE ME???????

Ah no, Im single a year now, getting a bit sick of it, but I dont really mind that much about valentines. It is just a big scam, but I still like to take part in it. Makes me feel all mushy! Im heading out with the rest of my single friends, but even if I wasnt, I wouldnt feel depressed or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Been single since before christmas, woo!!
    Meh, being single is cool though, no obligations or commitments. Suits me down to the ground.

Will be getting hammered in the SU tomorrow with my single mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So who's up for a boards orgy/swingers party? Minus couples of course, is that still considered swingin?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Christ I need to get laid. Offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Crucifix wrote:
    I am and shall be single. I was thinking of asking a girl out recently, but fuck it, why not wait til the 15th.

That's the spirit!!!! :D

Hard to believe Crimbo has a serious contender for a pile of shyte event but Valentine's Day gives it a serious run for its money.

I know so many blokes who are going through the motions of doing crap for their bird tonight and tomorrow and their bird even knows it's going through the motions, but they're happy so long as they've something to 'boast' about to their friends. :rolleyes:

Long live being single until I at least meet someone who isn't so worried about such fabricated crap.

Btw, when's Love Day? :D

I designed a special card for the day.

BEHOLDEN!

Feel free to print off a copy and give it to a loved one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm single now and presumably I'll be single tomorrow, though I'd rather have someone tomorrow will be a great day anyway. Off work on a course, will be finished nice and early so will go drinking early and then have what should be a great night out with the single friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think this is appropiate for the singletons here and a bit of a chuckle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

a handy shandy and watch the footy. Like a regular wednesday really.

If Bolton win, i might have a handy shandy to that. Or who ever scores the winner. I just hope diouf doesnt score the winner...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement