Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money/Time

Options
  • 13-02-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

I'm a 3rd year student and have just come to a terrible realisation. I started an eight month work placement last week and can now easily afford to buy a full price game every week, while as a student I couldn't even afford one a month. Problem is now I have no time to play games...

Before I could skip lectures or even a day in college if I really wanted to game, now I work 9 to 5! Most evenings and weekends are taken up by my gf. I can finally afford the games I want, to be rewarded with 0 time to play them.

Is there a happy medium? I'm curious to find out about other boards users gaming habits? Who else is in my situation? I know I ain't alone, so here's the place to rant!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Work as hard as you can and save as much money as you can. Shag your girlfriend sensless at every oportunity. Then dump your girlfriend and quit you job. It's the perfect plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I laughed out loud at that. :D Classic stuff. Thanks humanji :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

I'm in the same boat as you Burning Eclipse, only i can go one better: Work full time, part time college mon-wed, gf at weekend.

I've taken to trying to get an hour or two in the evenings at the ol N64 (there's a few (lot of) classics i've still to complete on that fella). That's cos it's upstairs. My Wii, on the other hand is downstairs (decent telly) which brings me to my next problem - shared accomodation. So basically i only get to play Wii when the better half falls asleep on weekend nights. Is that fair? Got the f***in thing at launch, and still haven't finished Zelda. Got COD3 for Christmas, and still haven't even played it! I have vouchers and cash burning holes in my pockets at the moment. Never mind all the PS2 stuff i have to get through (and Okami around the corner). Add to that the ol ds, and, well, there's just isn't time.

No messing, it really is depressing.

Interesting suggestion Humanji. I'll let you know how i get on!

Advertisement