Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Snagger

Options
  • 13-02-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good, trusty snagger for the Dublin Area?

I realise that there are companies and people recommended here and there across the threads but some are going pretty far back.

So has anyone had an up to date experience with a snagger who they would be happy to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

new presumably?

I had used New Homes Snagging (Claire Meade was the name). I had been very enthused by the service, quick, a long list prepared.

Second impressions weren't great though. I had a significant problem with the sealing around my bath. When I showed it to the foreman he seemed embarassed at the workmanship, it was very obvious. It hadn't been noticed in my snag, and it was a far more important issue to me than untidy paint work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Thanks Uberwolf. Yes it is new. I just want to make sure that I get the right people. I don't want anything to be missed. Like you say, something like no sealant around the bath would be far more important to me than paint work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

My Dad does them, he's a semi retired building contractor, PM me if you want more details. also what part of dublin? he mainly sticks to the southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

uberwolf wrote:
    new presumably?

I had used New Homes Snagging (Claire Meade was the name). I had been very enthused by the service, quick, a long list prepared.

Second impressions weren't great though. I had a significant problem with the sealing around my bath. When I showed it to the foreman he seemed embarassed at the workmanship, it was very obvious. It hadn't been noticed in my snag, and it was a far more important issue to me than untidy paint work.

Echo above. Was impressed with the hugh list she came up with, however it turned out to be alot of cosmetic stuff that really wasn't that important, whereas bigger stuff (like hot water cylinder leaking, shower handle not connected properly, toilet not flushing.....) was missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I used Nigel from www.newhomesnag.ie , decent guy , does a follow up snag for free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

http://surveyingsolutions.ie/

Ticked all the boxes for me and did an FOC follow up after the fact a few months later when we had a problem with the house.

Top class experience with these guys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I just did my own with a friend.

We are both engineers but he knows what he is doing but it is realitvely straight forward if you read up on it your self like I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

What's the typical fee for getting a new property snagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What's the typical fee for getting a new property snagged?
    200-300 euros, depending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Victor wrote:
    200-300 euros, depending.

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 03jflory

Can anyone recommend a good, trusty snagger for the Dublin Area?

I realise that there are companies and people recommended here and there across the threads but some are going pretty far back.

So has anyone had an up to date experience with a snagger who they would be happy to recommend?

Hi!

I can help to make the snag list at very good prices
    If you need me call me asap!
    tel:01/4424655

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

I got a guy called bill

He was brilliant, very very detailed and only cost 200euro

He worked as a finishing foreman so he what he was at.

i got him for a few jobs and i must say excellent

Give him a call

Advertisement