Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Speeds

Options
  • 13-02-2007 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I've 2mb dsl with utv, lately it appears slower than normal at peak times. on average it runs at about 1.3-1.6mb but at peak times it can run at anything from 500-700b, is this normal for a 48:1 contention ratio or should I be complaining.. uploads are always pretty solid about 220/250 k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Is there no way you can make a complaint to them and ask for the next two months broadband for free as its not performing to the 2mb advertised and signed up for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

thats what i was wondering thats why i asked was this normal with this contention ratio? so i know whether to complain r not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Nope you have no ground for complaing 48:1 means they guarantee to provide a MIN of 5k.

But in the real world most ppl complain if under 1Mb on a 2Mb connection. I usually gat about 2-4Gb a day and dont notice a slow down in peak times (3Mb connection).

My point exactly (and i've been drinking :D): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52721039&postcount=3

Advertisement