Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up ASDL router on new PC

Options
  • 13-02-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

If anyone can help me out with this would very much appreciate it as spoke to tech support in UTV and am more confused now than when I rang them!

I had a Voyager 205 ASDL router set up with my old PC and plugged it in exactly the same set up into new Dell C521. Have entered in username/password etc and selected to Never dial up and LAN automatically detect settings...but its not!

Wont connect to internet although everything seems to be correct and its using PPPoE etc. After speaking to UTV - they said an ethernet cable is required but am puzzled how this would be the case that it wasnt with old PC but is with new one. (I believe there's no modem in the new PC if that has any bearing on it)

If anyone can advise before going out and hunting down an ethernet cable I'd really appreciate it! :)

Advertisement