Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Fordham suffers stroke

• 13-02-2007 5:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

BBC Sport wrote:
    Former world darts champion Andy Fordham has suffered a mild stroke shortly after being treated in hospital for breathing problems.
    Fordham, 45, had fluid drained from a lung after being forced to pull out of January's Lakeside World Championship.

"He's one of darts' most popular personalities," said the British Darts Organisation's Olly Croft.

"We all want to see him back where he belongs - on the oche playing the type of darts that earned him the title."

Pub landlord Fordham weighs 26 stone and had eight litres of fluid drained from his lung after being forced to pull out of the British Darts Organisation's tournament before his first-round match.

"He is such a huge and well-loved character that he and his family not only have the support of the BDO but also the worldwide support of everyone in darts," said Croft.

"Needless to say, we all wish him a speedy return to good health."

The rival Professional Darts Corporation has also sent its best to Fordham.

"Andy has many friends within the PDC and we wish him the best of luck in his recovery," said chairman Barry Hearn.

"He showed his talents to everyone when he faced Phil Taylor in The Showdown in 2004 and I'm sure I echo the thoughts of everyone in the sport in hoping he can recapture that form and, most importantly, his health."
    THE Professional Darts Corporation send their best wishes to Andy Fordham, who is recovering following a minor stroke.

Fordham was forced to withdraw from the Lakeside Championship last month, and has spent time in hospital recovering from illness.

Following Tuesday's news that Fordham has suffered a mild stroke, PDC Chairman Barry Hearn - on behalf of the organisation and its players - wished Fordham a speedy recovery.

"Andy has many friends within the PDC and we wish him the best of luck in his recovery," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"He showed his talents to everyone when he faced Phil Taylor in The Showdown in 2004 and I'm sure I echo the thoughts of everyone in the sport in hoping he can recapture that form and, most importantly, his health.

I hope he gets better soon.

Comments

Advertisement