Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams slowly coming true - scary!

Options
  • 13-02-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just something that's been on my mind all day. Last night, I dreamt that a workmate of mine (who actually is in hospital at the moment, but who was getting better) died.

I am not particularly close to that workmate (different department and all that), but I am pretty scared that I should dream he died, and, on top of it, I then heard this morning that his condition worsened over night after definitely getting better for a week.

Just a coincidence? (not in the sense that I'm responsible, rather that this topic should creep into my dreams, and somehow come true, even though he was getting better...)

Anyone else had such an experience? Is it just my brain going mental? Could someone please tell me that it was just a dream, and has nothing to do with actual life...?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It was just a dream. You are worried about your friend dying and so you dreamed it happened. It won't affect anythinbg, don't worry. :)

Best wishes to your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I've dreamt about peaople dying before and it never actually happens. I wouldn't worry about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

galah wrote:
    Just a coincidence?
    Probably so, although those into the paranormal or into certain belief systems might think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

galah wrote:
    Could someone please tell me that it was just a dream, and has nothing to do with actual life...?
    Our supressed conscious worries manifest themselves in dreams and this is precisely what it was with you.

It was just a dream and maybe your subconscious' way of telling you that you should maybe tell your workmate how truly worried you have felt for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Often happens me but not in dreams. For instance, I remember thinking when I was about 10 or so that you hear about people getting hit by cars all the time yet it never happened anyone I knew. The next day one of my friends got hit by a car (he was ok though)...

Wierd,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

When I was about 14,(good few years ago!), I dreamt of a shop that I'd never seen before. This shop sold all sorts of stuff which would appeal to teens;funky T shirts, records, badges, posters etc...I remember waking up and thinking 'what a great idea; I'd love a shop like that'. About a month later a new shopping centre opened up in our locality and I went to have a look around. I was absolutely gobsmacked to say the least, when I walked into one unit to find a shop EXACTLY as it was in my dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I have had many dreams which I remeber for a while. Then a few years later they come ture & I get that deja vue feeling. I am so sure that it was i my dreams but have read that it could be a loop in memory of the mind. Like you think it happens before but its your mind running it again in your mind. Has any one else had something like this. I had a dream I had a car crash on the way home from work. I am trying my best not to do it as I know the area. I am afrid if I forget this dream it will happen??

Thanks Regards Gar32

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you are careless driving it will happen, not if you foget something your subconscious is worried about.
    If you dream you are in a car crash and it happens a few years later it is a coincidence.
    A lot of people dream of car crashes, a lot of people are in car crashes, go figure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I also remeber the place the crash happened in the dream & I know it was sunny & I was exchanging details with someone & it is a motor way which are the safest roads minium crashes. Some time I drive fast but after 11 years no claims & at least 500,000km driven in my life I don't know. Main thing is that for example I was in my GF room a few months ago for the 1st time & I was looking around & know I dreamt being there before that.(Ha ha) not like that but seeing the items around the room. happens a few time each year. Could it be life is mapped out for us? Did not know this girl when I had the dream. Also she did not live in Ireland at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aoify

that happens me sometimes too.but iv checked it in books and dreaming of death usually symbolises the end of something and the start of something new.
    sometimes my dreams come true but for everyone that does, how many don't?!you cant control what happens so dont worry. hope your friend is ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement