Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl MP3 player

• 13-02-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hey...

I got a promotional flyer in the door last week for Lidl's weekly offers. They included 40" Plasma screen tvs and what looked like a great MP3 player that had 32G of storage and could store films, record voices etc etc and 101 other things... The price was €69.99, reduced from €269.99 the last time they had it available.

Anyway, I've since checked their site a couple of times (checked Aldi's too just in case I made a mistake) and no sign of em... Did anyone else see this offer? And, if so - is this a decent little gadget? Couldn't go wrong at this price, could ya?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=93&av=1

Found it! What you guys/gals think, any use?? lokks pretty good to me but I don't understand the tech specs.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

GreenHorn wrote:
    http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=93&av=1

Found it! What you guys/gals think, any use?? lokks pretty good to me but I don't understand the tech specs.

Thanks!
    Just a small clarification - its 32mb not 32Gb. 32mb is really nothing at all and you would need to buy a fairly big microSD card for it. But hey, its only 69.99 which sounds like it might be worth a go.

Sorry, had noticed that and meant to clarify... How much would you be talking for a suitable card and could anyone recommend one? Thanks again.

Over here:
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=6020&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

You can get a 1gb card for about a tenner, which is incredible value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm sure the SQ is mediocre. Mind you most people probably won't notice as they torture their music at 128kps.

• Advertisement

@GreenHorn

In that link you provided, it doesn't say it plays mp3s.

dal wrote:
    @GreenHorn

In that link you provided, it doesn't say it plays mp3s.

dal, if you click on 'description' it does say it's an MP3 player as well... Would the card you've linked to definitely be adaptable dal? Sorry about all the questions, bit of a techo-t1t I'm afraid... Thanks

Yes it's the right card. I would take the plunge if I were you. When is it available in LIDL?

dal wrote:
    Yes it's the right card. I would take the plunge if I were you. When is it available in LIDL?

It was available today in the brand new store on the Nangor Road (I presume it was the only branch selling em?)... In work myself but sent what I thought was a good substitute to get the job done... No joy though - all gone :( ...... stoopid ma.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Begging your pardon lads but maybe the wrong kind of mushrooms were on my steak this evening , that link is for a camcorder / still camera .... It may well play MP3's as a sort of little side stunt , but it will be rubbish at it !!

ITS A CAMERA !! :):)

And a fairly rubbish one at that ,

For that money there are some very good MP3 players around , like this ,
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=310804
    And there are other players on that site for similar money that are just as good , incidentally these are available in PC world for the same money , I recommend any of those over this less than mediocre product!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

After owning a no brand MP3 player, quite honestly, I wouldn't bother. Spend the money on a quality media player like the iPod or another well known brand. Most of these cheap knockoffs are crap, and to top it off aren't even a lot cheaper than the iPod!

You'll have something solid that lasts.

Advertisement