Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with ZEBRA 2844 Printer

Options
  • 13-02-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone help me please. I recently bought a Zebra 2844 label printer from the states thru ebay. The transformer that comes with it needs an Input of 120VAC (60 Hz 800mA) and has an output of 16VAC 4A.
    My question is that here in Ireland, will a simple step down transformer suffice to power the printer or will i do damage.
    I'd appreciate any help on this one thanks.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Honestly not sure where this belongs, but sure as hell ain't Open Source! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

This should do the trick but dont blame me if it blows up

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=31899&criteria=voltage%20converter&doy=16m2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dnomyar wrote:
    The transformer that comes with it needs an Input of 120VAC (60 Hz 800mA) and has an output of 16VAC 4A.
    Max input 120V x 0.8 A = 96 Watts (peak / inrush ??)
    Output 16V x 4A = 48 Watts (average ??) - don't forget there are losses.

so a small transformer of 200W may be enough. - The 100W above will probably work but I'd rather a greater safety margin.

Advertisement